|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (Sri Lanka Standard Time Zone)|
|Postal Code||01200 |
Hulftsdorp (also written, incorrectly as Hultsdorf ) is a suburb in Colombo, Sri Lanka. It is part of the postal area known as Colombo 12. It has been known historically as Hulffsdorp, Hulfsdorp, Hulftsdorp, Hulsdorp, Hulstsdorp and Hülffsdorf.
The name of the suburb Hulftsdorp is a commemoration of General Gerard Pieterszoon Hulft, the Dutch East India Company's Director of India and commander in chief of the company's forces in Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and on the Coast of India. He was killed while besieging Colombo. The hill on which he had his headquarters was named 'Hulft's Dorp' during the Dutch occupation. Nowadays, Hulftsdorp is regarded as the center of legal activity in Colombo being the location of the Sri Lanka Law Courts.
- "Hultsdorf None - Sri Lanka Postal Codes - Mohanjith". mohanjith.net.
- "Hultsdorf | Atlas of Mutual Heritage". Atlasofmutualheritage.nl. Retrieved 2018-09-10.
- DBNL. "Nieuw Nederlandsch biografisch woordenboek. Deel 8 · dbnl". DBNL.
- "Dutch heritage of Sri Lanka". www.infolanka.com.
- "Hultsdorf Mills - Colombo, Ceylon". lakdiva.org.
|This Western Province, Sri Lanka location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|