|Time zone||Sri Lanka Standard Time Zone (UTC+5:30)|
Places of worship
Kotahena is the residence of some famous places of worship:
- Dipaduttamarama, where in 1885 for the first time the Buddhist flag was shown and where some jewels found in the Buddha stupa in Piprahwa were enshrined in the Ratna Chetiya in 1908.
- Sri Ponnambalavaneshwarar Hindu Temple
- St. Lucia's Cathedral (1881) this is called Cathedral because it holds the chair of the bishop of the diocese in this case the Archbishop's chair. The Cathedral (One of the largest churches in the entirety of Sri Lanka) is also the first bishop's house in Colombo, Bishop Bonjeen. St Benedics College was formed by de Lasale brothers and Good Shephed Convent was formed by Good Shephed sisters with the invitation of Bishiop Bonjeen St Lucias College was a government school but now under the Archbishop.
- St. Anthony's Shrine, Kochchikade, a famous shrine.
- Gunananda Viharaya (Udaha Pansala) (Deepaduptharama Viharaya)
- Paramananda Vihara (Pahala Pansala)
- St. Thomas' Church (Ginthupitiya) - Some scholars are of the opinion that Thomas the Apostle, one of Jesus’ 12 apostles also visited Sri Lanka and preached on the hillock or plain of St. Thomas or Santhumpitiya on which St. Thomas Church, Gintupitiya now stands.
Kotahena is also home to the Sugadadasa Stadium, Sri Lanka's national athletics statium.
- Kotahena Muslim Vidiyalaya
- St Benedict's College Colombo
- Vivekananda College Colombo
- St. Lucia's College Colombo 13
- Good Shepherd Girls Maha Vidyalaya Colombo 13
- Good Shepherd Convent Colombo 13
- Wolvendhal Girls High School Colombo 13
- Cathedral mix School Colombo 13
|This Western Province, Sri Lanka location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|