Huntsville, Madison County, Indiana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||436638|
Huntsville was laid out in 1830. It was named for one of its founders, Eleazer Hunt. A post office was established at Huntsville in 1847, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1878.
Huntsville is located at.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Huntsville, Madison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Forkner, John La Rue; Dyson, Byron H. (1897). Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana. Wilson, Humprheys & Co. p. 736.
- John La Rue Forkner (1914). History of Madison County, Indiana: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People and Its Principal Interests. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 133.
- "Madison County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
|This Madison County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|