Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana
Location in Madison County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||51.25 sq mi (132.7 km2)|
|• Land||51.22 sq mi (132.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.04%|
|Elevation||873 ft (266 m)|
|• Density||171.5/sq mi (66.2/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46001, 46063, 46070|
|GNIS feature ID||0453642|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 51.25 square miles (132.7 km2), of which 51.22 square miles (132.7 km2) (or 99.94%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.04%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Bell, Donahue, Parkview, Pisgah, Star and Walker.
Airports and landing strips
- Alexandria Airport
- Alexandria Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 35
- State House District 36
- State Senate District 25
- "Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Forkner, John La Rue & Dyson, Byron H. (1897). Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana. Wilson, Humprheys & Co. p. 832.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Monroe Township
- Monroe Township history
||Boone Township||Van Buren Township||Washington Township, Delaware County|
|Pipe Creek Township||Harrison Township, Delaware County|
|Lafayette Township||Richland Township||Mount Pleasant Township, Delaware County|