Fall Creek Township, Madison County, Indiana
|Fall Creek Township|
Location in Madison County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||42.27 sq mi (109.5 km2)|
|• Land||41.98 sq mi (108.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.29 sq mi (0.8 km2) 0.69%|
|Elevation||879 ft (268 m)|
|• Density||350.1/sq mi (135.2/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46011, 46013, 46040, 46048, 46064|
|GNIS feature ID||0453292|
It was named from its principal stream and waterfalls.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 42.27 square miles (109.5 km2), of which 41.98 square miles (108.7 km2) (or 99.31%) is land and 0.29 square miles (0.75 km2) (or 0.69%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Anderson Memorial Park, Bunker, Crosley and Grovelawn.
Airports and landing strips
- Harless Airport
- Huntzinger Airport
- Pendleton Correctional Facility
- Correctional Industrial Facility
- Pendleton Juvenile Correctional Facility
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 37
- State Senate District 25
- "Fall Creek Township, Madison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Forkner, John La Rue and Dyson, Byron H. (1897). Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana. Wilson, Humprheys & Co. p. 721.
- "Pendleton town, Indiana." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 26, 2010.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Fall Creek Township
- Fall Creek Township History
||Stony Creek Township||Anderson Township|
|Green Township||Adams Township|
|Green Township, Hancock County||Brown Township, Hancock County|