I'll Be Home
"I'll Be Home" is a 1955 song that was written by Ferdinand Washington and Stan Lewis. The song was originally a hit for The Flamingos on the Checker Records subsidiary of Chess Records. Their recording went to No. 5 on Billboard's R&B chart.
- It was also a 1956 hit for Pat Boone, produced by Randy Wood. Boone's version was released as a single with "Tutti Frutti" as the B-side. It peaked at No. 6 on the US Billboard chart. Overseas, it was a number one hit in the UK Singles Chart, spending five weeks at No. 1, and 24 weeks on the charts altogether.
Slim Whitman featured a version on his hit 1977 album Home on the Range.
- Rice, Jo (1982). The Guinness Book of 500 Number One Hits (1st ed.). Enfield, Middlesex: Guinness Superlatives Ltd. p. 25. ISBN 0-85112-250-7.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 207.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits: Eighth Edition. Record Research. p. 75.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. pp. 59–60. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
|This 1950s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|