ISO 20252:2019 is an international quality standard first published in 2006 as a replacement for the existing British Standards BS 7911:2003. It was subsequently revised in 2012, and then restructured and technically revised in this third edition.
Developed by an ISO Technical Committee in liaison with professional bodies EFAMRO, ESOMAR and WAPOR, the standard sets out requirements in a quality management system for organizations conducting market, opinion and social research. The standard has been restructured, with a core clause (Clause 4) applicable to all service providers, regardless of methodologies provided, and six separate annexes (Annexes A to F), each covering requirements relating to one of the globally-recognized research methodologies;
In Japan, Japan Management Association Quality Assurance Registration Center (JMAQA) has certified 8 organizations to the ISO 20252 standard. :
In Austria, Germany and Switzerland, AS International, headquartered in Vienna, have certified so far 14 market research companies to ISO 20252 via its mandated ISO auditing entity https://www.attersee-consulting.com. Updates can be obtained from https://www.ISO20252.com. AS International also represents the joint ISO 20252 expert committee for AT, DE and CH.
- "Measuring up: What does a new ISO mean for the market research industry?" by Debrah Harding & Barry Ryan, Research. May 2006
- "ISO Technical Committee for ISO 20252". ISO. ISO. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Companies certified to ISO 20252 - July 2012" (PDF). MRS. MRS. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "List of organizations certified to the ISO 20252 by CASRO". CASRO. CASRO. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "List of certified organizations". JMAQA. JMAQA. Retrieved 11 Jan 2018.