Impressions (instrumental composition)
"Impressions" is a jazz standard composed by John Coltrane. While Coltrane only recorded the composition once in the studio (on June 20, 1962), he recorded it many times live, beginning with his 1961 engagement at the Village Vanguard. These performances produced the third track on the 1963 album of the same name, as well as two further renditions available on The Complete 1961 Village Vanguard Recordings. At least a dozen further live performances exist on various live albums up to 1965.
- Gerald Albright - Live at Birdland West (1991) 
- Miłość - Talkin' About Life and Death (1999) 
- Esbjörn Svensson
- Project, Jazz Discography. "Impulse! Records Discography: 1960-1962".
- 'Considering Genius', by Stanley Crouch, page 99, ISBN 0-465-01512-3
- "Gerald Albright - Live At Birdland West".
- "Miłość (2) & Lester Bowie - Talkin' About Life And Death".
|This article about a jazz standard or composition written in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|