This article does not cite any sources. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Residential Buildings in Jabriya
Jabriya (Arabic: جابرية) is in an area in Hawalli Governorate in Kuwait. It is a large, mainly residential suburb that borders Surra, Hawalli, Salmiya and Bayan. Jabriya has seen an increase of commercial activities in recent years.[when?]
On 31 December 2007, Jabriya's population was estimated to be 66,056
Mubarak Al-Kabeer Hospital, one of the six public hospitals in Kuwait, was built there in 1982. Other organisations within the area include the Kuwait Medical Association (KMA) and the Kuwait Central Blood Bank.
Jabriya is divided into twelve blocks with two blocks, 1 and 3, sectioned into A and B parts. Jabriya contains more than ten schools, a large number for its size, including New English School, The English Academy, Bayan Bilingual School and Fajr Al Sabah. Jabriya has many foreign workers.
Like other parts of Kuwait, Jabriya has traffic problems, but even more serious. Jabriya is also well known for its relative safety and diversity.
- Husainiyat Al-Bulush (largest hussainia in Jabriya)
- Mubarak Al-Kabeer Hospital named after Shiekh Mubarak Al-Kabeer Al-Sabah. It serves the Hawalli Governorate and covers about 700,000 people in the area.
- Hadi Hospital
- Health Science Center and Faculty of Medicine
- Kuwait Central Blood Bank
- Tariq Rajab Museum opened in 1980
- Dar El CID]
- Al-Bulush Mosque
- Al Qatan Mosque, built in 1987
- Mohammed Al Kandari Mosque
- Al Mawash Mosque
- Mubarak Al Kabeer Mosque
Embassies in Jabriya
A number of embassies are located in Jabriya: