James Borwick, 5th Baron Borwick
|The Right Honourable
The Lord Borwick
|Born||7 March 1955|
|Children||3 sons, 1 daughter|
Jamie Borwick was born on 7 March 1955. He was educated at Eton College.
Borwick was founder and owner of electric truck producer Modec in Coventry in 2004. The company entered administration in March 2011 with debts of over £40m. He was Chairman of Route2Mobility Ltd, funding wheelchairs and scooters for disabled people as part of the UK's Motability scheme, until October 2010. He was also a Deputy Chairman of the board of British Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership.
His other business appointments include as Chairman of Countryside Properties (Bicester) Ltd, and Chairman of Federated Trust Corporation Ltd. He was a non-executive Director of Hansa Trust plc from 1984 until 2012.
Borwick is a Trustee of the Royal Brompton and Harefield Charity, having retired from the British Lung Foundation after 2 terms of 6 years as Trustee.
Borwick married Victoria Poore in 1981, who is a former Conservative London Assembly Member and Deputy Mayor of London, and, from 2015 to 2017, MP for Kensington; they have three sons and a daughter.
Styles of address
- 1955–2007: Mr Geoffrey Robert James Borwick
- 2007–: The Rt Hon The Lord Borwick
- "Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership Board - Cutting Carbon Output Advisory Group".
- Beamish, David. "Clerk of the Parliaments" (PDF). Whole-House Hereditary Peers’ By-election, July 2013: result. House of Lords. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- Beamish, David. "Clerk of the Parliaments" (PDF). Candidature statements. House of Lords. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "Our trustees". British Lung Foundation. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Mosley, Charles (ed.) (2003). Burke's Peerage & Baronetage, 107th edn. London: Burke's Peerage & Gentry Ltd. p. 443 (BORWICK, B). ISBN 0-9711966-2-1.
- Simpson, Fiona (9 June 2017). "General Election 2017: Labour's Emma Dent Coad wins Kensington seat after THIRD recount". Evening Standard. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Borwick, 5 Baron" in "Debrett's People of Today, 2014".
- Interview with Jamie, Lord Borwick at Financial Times
- Interview with Jamie, Lord Borwick at REAL BUSINESS
- The Lady Borwick MP at UK Parliament website
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
James Hugh Myles Borwick
Hon. Edwin Borwick