|United States Ambassador to Cuba|
July 20, 2015 – July 7, 2017
|Preceded by||Position reestablished|
|Succeeded by||Scott Hamilton|
|Chief of the U.S. Interests Section in Cuba|
August 2014 – July 20, 2015
|Preceded by||John Caulfield|
|Succeeded by||Position abolished|
|United States Ambassador to the United Nations for Special Political Affairs|
August 10, 2011 – August 2014
|Preceded by||David Dunn|
|Succeeded by||David Pressman|
|Born||1954 (age 63–64)|
Jeffrey DeLaurentis (born 1954) is an American diplomat and was the Chargé d'affaires ad interim of the Embassy of the United States, Havana from 2015-2017. DeLaurentis has ambassadorial rank in the State Department because his prior position at the UN was a US Senate-confirmed ambassadorial position. Cuba and the United States formally restored diplomatic relations on July 20, 2015, after having severed diplomatic ties in 1961 amid the Cold War.
DeLaurentis is a graduate of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University and the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University. He also studied toward a doctorate in political science at Columbia's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
DeLaurentis finished his 3-year cycle on July 7, 2017 and was replaced by Scott Hamilton.
- Jeffrey De Laurentis (1954–)
- Watson, Katy (July 20, 2015). "Jeffery DeLaurentis: The US State Department's 'Man in Havana'". BBC News. Archived from the original on March 11, 2015.
- Ojogho, Dennis O. (February 12, 2015). "7 Q's With Jeffrey DeLaurentis". Harvard Crimson.
- "Cuba and US formally restore diplomatic relations". BBC News. July 20, 2015. Archived from the original on July 20, 2015.
- US State Department, Ambassador Jeffrey DeLaurentis, archived from the original on September 11, 2016
- "Jennifer Marina Lee to Be Wed in June". January 14, 1982. Archived from the original on March 7, 2015.
- Toosi, Nahal (September 27, 2016). "Obama nominates ambassador to Cuba in long-shot move". politico.com. Politico. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- "Obama Appoints Veteran Diplomat as Cuba Ambassador". VOA. September 27, 2016. Archived from the original on September 29, 2016.
- Torres, Nora Gamez (July 11, 2017). "U.S. names interim charge d'affaires at embassy in Havana". Miami Herald.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jeffrey DeLaurentis.|
| United States Ambassador to the United Nations for Special Political Affairs
| Chief of the U.S. Interests Section in Cuba
Title last held by
| United States Ambassador to Cuba
|Notes and references|
|1. The U.S. and Cuba did not have bilateral diplomatic relations between 1961 and 2015. Philip Bonsal was DeLaurentis's predecessor in the position, leaving office on October 28, 1960.|
|This American diplomat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|