Kunyang Town in Jinning
Location of Jinning (pink) and Kunming prefecture (yellow) within Yunnan province of China
|• Total||1,391 km2 (537 sq mi)|
|• Density||190/km2 (500/sq mi)|
Jinning District (Chinese: 晋宁区; pinyin: Jìnníng Qū) is a district, under the jurisdiction of Kunming, Yunnan, China. The district is located at the southern tip of Dian Lake and is well-known within China as the birthplace of Zheng He.
Kunyang Town, Jincheng Town and Baofeng Town, Erjie Village, Shuanghe Yi Nationality Village, Xiyang Yi Nationality Village, Shangsuan Village, Xinjie Village and Lujie Village
In October 2014 Fuyou village (Chinese: 富有村) in Jinning was the scene for a violent clash between construction workers and villagers, leading to death of eight people. The residents had been unhappy about a land deal related to building of a trade and logistics centre.
The Shizhaishan Tombs (Shizhaishan gumuqun 石寨山古墓群), and the grave of Ma station Hazhi (Ma Hazhi mubei 马哈只墓碑) in the greater community Kunyang, the father of Zheng He, are since 2001 and 2006 respectively on the list the monuments of the People's Republic of China.
- "China building site clash leaves eight dead". BBC News. 15 October 2014. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "China 'punishes 17 officials' after deadly village clash". BBC News. 24 October 2014. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- jinning.gov.cn - official
- Master mariner's genealogy comes to light
- Zheng He's pedigree
- Cheng Ho went around the world in 28 years
- Zhenghe Park
- Zheng He gongyuan