Journey (Journey album)
|Studio album by Journey|
|Released||April 1, 1975|
|Recorded||CBS Studios, San Francisco, California, November 1974|
|Genre||Progressive rock, Jazz fusion|
|Singles from Journey|
Journey is the self-titled debut album by the band of the same name. It was released in 1975 on Columbia Records. Unlike their later recordings, this is a progressive rock album which focuses mainly on the band's instrumental talents. It is the only album to include rhythm guitarist George Tickner among their personnel.
Journey features progressive rock tracks like "Of a Lifetime", "Kohoutek", "Topaz" and fan favorite, "Mystery Mountain".
Journey recorded a demo album prior to the release of the self-titled Journey album, with the same songs, in different order and with Prairie Prince as the drummer. There were additional tracks, including additional instrumental pieces, that did not make it to the final product. One of which was the original title track of the demo album "Charge of the Light Brigade".
|1.||"Of a Lifetime"||Gregg Rolie, George Tickner, Neal Schon||6:54|
|2.||"In the Morning Day"||Rolie, Ross Valory||4:27|
|3.||"Kohoutek" (instrumental)||Schon, Rolie||6:46|
|4.||"To Play Some Music"||Rolie, Schon||3:19|
|6.||"In My Lonely Feeling/Conversations"||Rolie, R. Valory||5:01|
|7.||"Mystery Mountain"||Rolie, Tickner, Diane Valory||4:23|
- Neal Schon - lead guitar
- George Tickner - rhythm (all but 2) and bass (2) guitars
- Gregg Rolie - keyboards, vocals
- Ross Valory - bass guitar (all but 2), piano (2)
- Aynsley Dunbar - drums
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Journey review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2013-06-30.
- Bowman, Cynthia (5 June 1975). "Journey - Journey (1st LP)". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 9 May 2006. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- Pete Prown, Harvey P. Newquist, Jon F. Eiche Legends of rock guitar: the essential reference of rock's greatest guitarists, pg. 175, Hal Leonard (1997), ISBN 0-7935-4042-9
- "Top 10 Journey Songs". IGN Music. Retrieved May 21, 2010.