This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|City||Los Altos, California|
San Francisco Bay Area|
San Jose, California
|First air date||October 1, 1960 (as KPGM)|
|Format||Adult album alternative (simulcast of KFOG 104.5 FM)|
|Callsign meaning||K F FOG|
Cumulus Media Inc. |
(Radio License Holding SRC LLC)
|Sister stations||KGO, KNBR, KSAN, KSFO, KTCT|
Listen Live via iHeart
KFFG is an FM radio station licensed to Los Altos, California, broadcasting on 97.7 FM MHz. The 97.7 frequency simulcasts the programming of sister station KFOG. Its transmitter is located near Cupertino, California, and studios are located in San Francisco's SoMa district.
The station's format is classified as adult album alternative or Triple-A, an eclectic variety of blues, reggae, folk, pop, and rock music from the mid-1960s to the present, which they call "World Class Rock." Both stations are owned by Cumulus Media.
This station is the simulcast of KFOG 104.5 from Sutro Tower in San Francisco.
On February 16, 2017 KFFG filed an application for a Federal Communications Commission construction permit to change the city of license to San Jose. The application was accepted for filing on February 17, 2017.
- See KFOG
History of 97.7 FM
97.7 FM signed on the air on October 1, 1960 as KPGM. The station picked up the KPEN call letters in 1970 after they were dropped by KIOI in 1968. Call letters were changed to KLZE (Classy FM) in October 1984.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-06. Retrieved 2014-05-18. HD Radio Guide for San Jose
- "Application for Construction Permit for Commercial Broadcast Station". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. February 17, 2017. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- "Vox Jox". Billboard. 107 (30): 114. July 29, 1995.
- Official KFOG website
- KABOOM Video 2005
- Big Rick Stuart's website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KFFG
- Radio-Locator information on KFFG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KFFG