|Broadcast area||Sacramento metropolitan area|
|Format||Multilingual, Religious broadcasting|
|Power||10,000 watts (day)
1,000 watts (night)
|Former callsigns||KSXX (1997-2003)|
(Way Broadcasting Licensee, LLC)
KFSG (1690 kHz) is an AM radio station broadcasting a Brokered programming format featuring Spanish Religious and Multilingual shows. KFSG is licensed to Roseville, California and serves the Sacramento metropolitan area. The station is owned by Way Broadcasting Licensee, LLC., part of New York City-based Multicultural Broadcasting.
KFSG's religious programming is supplied by block-programmers, who purchase airtime on the station and its sister, co-located KLIB (1110 AM). Programs in Spanish, Russian and Hmong are augmented with periods of instrumental music (during unsold time periods). Vietnamese-language programming from the San Jose–based Tiếng Nước Tôi Radio Network airs weekdays from noon to 2 PM.
The station was assigned the call letters KSXX on November 17, 1997. On March 13, 2003, the station changed its call sign to the current KFSG.
KFSG's signal can be picked up in parts of the western United States at night, beyond the Sacramento area. 1690 is a relatively clear frequency, with the closest station competing being KDMT in Arvada, Colorado, a suburb of Denver. Until the 1990s, the Federal Communications Commission did not assign AM stations dial positions above 1600, so there are few other stations in the West to interfere with KFSG's signal.
- "KFSG Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "6. Radio TNT Sacramento/Stockton/the Central Valley /and the Bay Area-San Jose, San Francisco , Oakland at AM 1690, broadcasts from 12PM-2PM, M-F" (in Vietnamese). TNT Radio Network. November 11, 2014. Retrieved September 12, 2015.
- "KFSG Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Salt Lake City DX Log
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KFSG
- Radio-Locator Information on KFSG
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KFSG
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|