|Broadcast area||Santa Cruz, California|
|Repeater(s)||105.1-3 KKGO-HD3 (Los Angeles)|
|First air date||1935|
|Format||Adult Standards (KKGO HD3 simulcast)|
|Power||1,000 watts unlimited|
|Callsign meaning||Cannery Row|
(Mount Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc.)
KNRY (1240 AM, "Unforgettable 1240") is an adult standards radio station. Licensed to Monterey, California, United States, the station serves the Santa Cruz and Monterey areas. The station is owned by Mount Wilson FM Broadcasters, Inc., who bought KNRY from IHR Educational Broadcasting in December 2013. The format was changed to jazz in early January, 2014. In May 2014, KNRY dropped the jazz format and began stunting, first with a simulcast of Los Angeles classical station KMZT-FM ("K-Mozart") and then with a loop of 25 alternative rock songs. On June 9, KNRY-FM (K294CA) became alternative rock "Alt 106.7." KNRY simulcasted KMZT-FM.
On March 30, 2015 KNRY changed their format from a simulcast of classical-formatted KMZT-FM to adult standards, branded as "Unforgettable 1240". The syndication is also heard on KKGO in Los Angeles on their HD 3 sub channel.
- "KNRY Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved 2010-07-19.
- KNRY Flips to Adult Standards
- http://hdradio.com/stations HD Radio
- http://hdradio.com/station_guides/widget.php?id=2 HD Radio Guide for Los Angeles
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KNRY
- Radio-Locator Information on KNRY
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KNRY
- FCC History Cards for KNRY
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|