|City||Santa Cruz, California|
|Broadcast area||Central Coast of California|
|Slogan||Positive & Encouraging K-LOVE|
|Repeater(s)||89.1 MHz K206BQ
89.3 MHz K207CN
91.3 MHz K217EK
Palo Colorado Canyon
95.3 MHz K237EV
Big Sur Valley
|First air date||1972|
|Format||Contemporary Christian music|
|HAAT||761 meters (2,497 ft)|
|Owner||Educational Media Foundation|
KUSP (88.9 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a Contemporary Christian music format. Licensed to Santa Cruz, California, United States, the station is an affiliate of the K-LOVE Christian music radio network and is owned by Educational Media Foundation. The signal covers much of California's Central Coast.
Pataphysical Broadcasting Foundation, Inc. started broadcasting from downtown Santa Cruz on 89.1 MHz in 1972. In May of 1974 it moved the transmitter to much higher Mt. Toro, increased power from 10 watts to 1,250 watts ERP and changed frequency from 89.1 to 88.9 MHz.
Educational Media Foundation resumed operation of KUSP on April 5, 2017. On April 5, 2017 it filed an application with the FCC to sell the licenses of the K207CN, K217EK and K237EV translators to California State University, Monterey Bay for $5,000.
On April 21, 2017 KUSP was granted a Federal Communications Commission construction permit to move the transmitter site of translator K206BQ 1.14 kilometers to Fremont Peak and decrease the effective radiated power from 200 watts to 150 watts.
- KUSP Ceases Programing While Continuing to Find Buyer RadioInsight - August 1, 2016
- KUSP.com Files for Bankruptcy
- Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License - Federal Communications Commission
- Resumption of Operations - Federal Communications Commission
- Application for Transfer of Control of a Corporate Licensee or Permittee, or for Assignment of License or Permit of TV or FM Translator Station or Low Power Television Station - Federal Communications Commission
- Application for Authority to Construct or Make Changes in an FM Translator or FM Booster Station - Federal Communications Commission
- K-LOVE website
- KUSP history by Don Mussell
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KUSP
- Radio-Locator information on KUSP
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KUSP
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K206BQ
- Radio-Locator information on K206BQ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for K206BQ
- FCC History Cards for KUSP
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|