Miss Mississippi USA
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Kendra King)
Mississippi has had 10 Miss USA placements as of 2010. They have never had a Miss USA, and their highest placement was Leah Laviano's 1st runner-up placement in 2008.
- 1st runners-up: Leah Laviano (2008)
- 3rd runners-up: Cindy Williams (1986)
- 4th runners-up: Laurie Kimbrough (1979), Dana Richmond (1988)
- Top 10: Jennifer Adcock (2005), Breanne Ponder (2010)
- Top 11/12: Katharine Manning (1987), Stephanie Teneyck (1990)
- Top 15: Marlene Britsch (1961), Patricia Ann Turk (1964)
- Miss Photogenic: Stephanie Teneyck (1990)
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
|Year||Name||Hometown||Age1||Placement at Miss USA||Special awards at Miss USA||Notes|
|2016||Haley Brooke Sowers||Meridian||22||Previously Miss Mississippi Teen USA 2010 & 4th runner-up at Miss Teen USA 2010|
|2015||Courtney Elizabeth Byrd||Oxford||22||Nonfinalist in Miss Tennessee 2013 as Miss Henderson County 2013|
|2014||Chelsea Reardon||Southaven||23||International Junior Miss Teen 2010|
|2013||Paromita Mitra||Hattiesburg||21||Born in Bangladesh
Previously Miss Mississippi Teen USA 2009
|2012||Myverick Rashea Garcia||Hattiesburg||21||Born in Hattiesburg, Mississippi|
|2010||Breanne Ponder||Mount Olive||20||Top 10, finishing in 8th place|
|2009||Jessica Lauren McRaney||Terry||23||Previously Miss Mississippi Teen USA 2004|
|2008||Leah Laviano||Ellisville||19||1st runner-up|
|2007||Jalin Wood||Waynesboro||25||Previously Miss Mississippi 2004|
|2005||Jennifer Adcock||Hattiesburg||24||Top 10, finishing in 7th place||Previously Miss Mississippi 2002, semifinalist at Miss America 2003, Mississippi's Junior Miss 1998|
|2003||Allison Bloodworth||Grenada||21||Previously Miss Mississippi Teen USA 1999|
|2002||Heather Soriano||Philadelphia||24||Previously Miss Mississippi 1999|
|2001||Melanie Vaughn||Olive Branch|
|2000||Angie Carpenter||Greenwood||Previously Miss Mississippi Teen USA 1994, semifinalist at Miss Teen USA 1994|
|1997||Arlene McDonald||Tupelo||Previously Miss Mississippi Teen USA 1992, semifinalist at Miss Teen USA 1992|
|1995||Jill Tullos||Married Senator Chris McDaniel|
|1994||Leslie Jetton||Gave up her title in March to become a national spokesperson for Caribe Corporations in New Orleans.|
|1990||Stephanie Teneyck||20||Semi-finalist, finishing in 11th place||Miss Photogenic||2nd Runner up at Miss All Nations 1990|
|1989||Laura Durrett||Olive Branch|
|1988||Dana Richmond||Madison||20||4th runner-up||1st Runner up at Miss International 1988|
|1987||Kathy Manning||Drew||24||Semi-finalist, finishing in 6th place||Previously Miss Mississippi 1984, 2nd runner up at Miss America 1985|
|1986||Cindy Williams||Hattiesburg||22||3rd runner-up||Semifinalist at Miss International 1986|
|1980||Cheri Brown||Meridian||Previously Miss Mississippi 1978, preliminary swimsuit winner at Miss America 1979|
|1979||Laurie Kimbrough||Oxford||4th runner-up|
|1970||Susan Ladner||Pass Christian|
|1964||Patricia Ann Turk||Semi-finalist|
|1963||Joan Kenebrilde||Hattiesburg||competed in the 1964 Miss Dixie Pageant|
|1962||Sandra Mazur||Jackson||competed in the 1963 Miss Dixie Pageant|
|1954–1960||Did Not Compete|
|1953||Jessie Morgan||Semi-finalist at Miss America 1951|
1 Age at the time of the Miss USA pageant
- "Producers". Miss Mississippi USA/Teen USA Pageants. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Paromita Mitra Crowned Miss Mississippi USA 2013". Beauty Pageant News. November 4, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- Profile: Mississippi USA - Breanne Ponder
- Purdy, Jean (2000-06-06). "With near misses in past, Desoto beauty wins title". The Commercial Appeal. p. DS1.
- "Jackson woman wins Miss Mississippi USA title" (Press release). Associated Press. 1997-06-14. p. B3.
- "Two pageants crown winners in Biloxi in double ceremony". The Commercial Appeal. 1996-06-10. p. B3.
- "Shooting For a New Goal MISS USA contestant turns from hoops to rule over different courts". The Commercial Appeal. 1995-12-29. p. C1.
- "Miss Mississippi gets a better offer". The Baton Rouge Sunday Advocate. 1994-03-10. p. 4-B.