Kerala Forest Research Institute
The Kerala Forest Research Institute (KFRI) is a research organisation based in Peechi, in Thrissur, India. The Institution was established in 1975 by the Government of Kerala as part of its Science and Technology Department, and in 2003 became part of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE). KFRI carries out research, training and extension on a range of disciplines related to tropical forests and forestry. Besides its main campus at Peechi in Thrissur District, a KFRI Sub-Centre has been established at Nilambur and a Field Research Centre at Palapilly, Thrissur District.The main campus situated on the Thrissur- Peechi road has the main administrative offices, Research Divisions, laboratories, nurseries, greenhouses, museums, Guest houses and also the Kerala Forest Seed Centre. The Sub-Centre at Nilambur has the Teak Museum and the Bio- resources Nature Trail that attracts a large number of visitors.The Field Research Center has the KFRI Bambusetum with a collection of 65 species of tropical bamboo, an arboretum and the Bamboo Primary Processing Centre.
KFRI also hosts the following international/national offices:
TEAKNET- the International Teak Information Network supported by the FAO, Rome ( url=http://www.teaknet.org/ )
Bamboo Technical Support Group ( BTSG-KFRI) supported by National Bamboo Mission, New Delhi
Journal of Bamboo and Rattan ( url=http://www.library.kfri.res.in/jbr/jbr.html )
Bamboo Information Centre- India (url=http://bicindia.org/ )
- Protected areas of Kerala
- Teak Museum
- Wildlife of Kerala
- List of Kerala State Government Organizations
- Kerala Soil Museum
- Arid Forest Research Institute
- Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education
- Van Vigyan Kendra (VVK) Forest Science Centres
- Kerala Agricultural University
- "Study points to 500 BC Kerala maritime activity". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2008-01-09. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Science institutes join hands to develop Bharathapuzha basin". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2007-10-03. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Forest research institute told to take steps to destroy snails". CNN IBN. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kerala Forest Research Institute.|