August 26, 1991|
Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||61 kg (134 lb; 9 st 8 lb)|
|Style||Judo, Kickboxing, BJJ, Wrestling|
|Fighting out of||Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil|
Nova Uniao Manaus
Black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu |
Black belt in Judo
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Ketlen "Fenômeno" Vieira (born August 26, 1991) is a Brazilian mixed martial artist and currently competes in Bantamweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). As of July 26, 2018, she is #2 in the official UFC bantamweight rankings.
Vieira was born in Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil. She started training BJJ and when she was twelve she started training in Judo. She holds black belts in both dicaplines. She is also a decorated wrestler with multiple prestigious titles, including Brazilian national wrestling championship. She transitioned to MMA and trained under Marcinho Pontes, who was Jose Aldo's early coach at Nova Uniao Manaus gym.
Mixed martial arts career
Vieira fought all of her fights in Brazil where she made her professional debut on October 2, 2014 at Circuito de Lutas: Fight Night 4 in Sao Paulo. She faced Juliana Leite and knocked out Leite in round two. She continued to win the next 5 fights under Mr. Cage and Big Way Fight Night banners where she won the Mr. Cage bantamweight title. Vieira amassed a record of 6-0 in 17 months prior to being signed by the UFC.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Vieira made her promotional debut on October 1, 2016 at UFC Fight Night: Lineker vs. Dodson in Portland, Oregon, United States. She faced Kelly Faszholz ultimately edging out her opponent to win by split decision. On the post fight interview, Vieira explained her difficulty with weight cutting for this fight. Two days prior to the scheduled fight, she needed to drink one liter of water to provide a urine sample to USADA, which interfered with the process of her weight cut prior to the USADA visit.
She took on Ashlee Evans-Smith at UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Reis on April 15, 2017. After three rounds, the judges handed the victory to Vieira via unanimous decision with the score board of (29-28, 30-27, 29-28).
Vieira was originally expected to face Sara McMann at UFC 214 on July 29, 2017. However, the fight was moved to UFC 215 on September 9, 2017. Vieira won the bout via arm-triangle choke submission in the second round.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
- Mr. Cage
- Mr. Cage Women's Bantamweight Champion
Vieira briefly attended university where she majored in law.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|10 matches||10 wins||0 losses|
|Win||10–0||Cat Zingano||Decision (split)||UFC 222||March 3, 2018||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||9–0||Sara McMann||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||UFC 215||September 9, 2017||2||4:16||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Win||8–0||Ashlee Evans-Smith||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Reis||April 15, 2017||3||5:00||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Win||7–0||Kelly Faszholz||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Lineker vs. Dodson||October 1, 2016||3||5:00||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Win||6–0||Estefani Almeida||Decision (unanimous)||Big Way Fight Night 9||February 20, 2016||3||5:00||Manaus, Brazil||Won the Big Way Bantamweight Championship.|
|Win||5–0||Jessica Maciel||TKO (punches)||Mr. Cage 20||December 17, 2015||1||3:20||Manaus, Brazil||Defended the Mr. Cage Bantamweight Championship.|
|Win||4–0||Laet Ferreira||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Big Way Fight Night 1||September 12, 2015||1||2:22||Manaus, Brazil|
|Win||3–0||Monique Bastos||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Mr. Cage 16||March 12, 2015||1||4:07||Manaus, Brazil||Defended the Mr. Cage Bantamweight Championship.|
|Win||2–0||Kenya Miranda da Silva||Submission (kimura)||Mr. Cage 14||November 13, 2014||2||N/A||Manaus, Brazil||Won the vacant Mr. Cage Bantamweight Championship.|
|Win||1–0||Juliana Leite||TKO (punches)||Circuito de Lutas: Fight Night 4||October 2, 2014||2||1:36||São Paulo, Brazil|
- "Ketlen Vieira". UFC. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- Sherdog.com. "Ketlen". Sherdog. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "Ketlen Vieira ("Fenômeno") | MMA Fighter Page | Tapology". Tapology. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- Andrew Richardson. "UFC 222 card: Cat Zingano vs Ketlen Vieira full fight preview". MMAmania.com. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- "Fighter Rankings | UFC ®". UFC. Retrieved 2018-07-26.
- "UFC signs 6-0 bantamweight Ketlen Vieira". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "Ketlen Vieira vs Juliana Leite Fight Result Circuito de Lutas - Fig..." www.mma-core.com. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "UFC adds new face to women's bantamweight". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "Kelly Faszholz meets newcomer Ketlen Vieira at UFC Fight Night 96 in Portland". MMAjunkie. 2016-08-02. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "UFC Fight Night 96 results: Ketlen Vieira's strong takedown game tops Kelly Faszholz in UFC debut". MMAjunkie. 2016-10-01. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- MMAjunkie (2016-10-01), Ketlen Vieira says USADA wreaked havoc on her weight cut, retrieved 2017-07-05
- "Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Ketlen Vieira added to UFC on FOX 24". My MMA News.com. 2017-02-07. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "Ashlee Evans-Smith vs Ketlen Vieira Full Fight UFC on Fox 24 MMA Video". MMA-Core. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "MMADecisions.com". MMADecisions.com. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "UFC Results: Vieira Remains Undefeated, Batters Evans-Smith In Fight Pass Opener". MMA Imports. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "'Cyborg' vs. TBA and Sara McMann vs. Ketlen Vieira slated for UFC 214". MMAjunkie. 2017-06-01. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "Sara McMann vs. Ketlen Vieira moved to UFC 215". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2017-07-10.
- "UFC 215 results: Ketlen Vieira first survives, then submits Sara McMann". MMAjunkie. 2017-09-10. Retrieved 2017-09-10.
- Staff (2017-11-15). "UKetlen Vieira says planned fight with Germaine de Randamie off due to 'GDR' injury". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-02-03.
- "Cat Zingano returns against Ketlen Vieira at UFC 222". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "UFC 222 results: Ketlen Vieira's top game too much for Cat Zingano". MMAjunkie. 2018-03-04. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Report: Ketlen Vieira vs. Tonya Evinger targeted for UFC Fight Night: Sao Paulo". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2018-07-29.
- "Ketlen Vieira out of UFC Sao Paulo fight with Tonya Evinger, will require surgery". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- Sherdog.com. "Ketlen". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-04-15.