Germaine de Randamie
|Germaine de Randamie|
|Born||April 24, 1984|
|Other names||The Iron Lady|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||143 lb (65 kg; 10.2 st)|
|Reach||71 in (180 cm)|
|Style||Muay Thai, Boxing|
|Fighting out of||Utrecht, Netherlands|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Germaine de Randamie (born April 24, 1984) is a Dutch mixed martial artist and former kickboxer of Surinamese and Dutch descent who competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Undefeated in sanctioned kickboxing bouts, she was the first UFC Women's Featherweight Champion. Prior to joining the UFC, de Randamie competed in the Strikeforce featherweight division. As of March 10, 2019, she is #1 in the official UFC bantamweight rankings.
- 1 Mixed martial arts career
- 2 Championships and accomplishments
- 3 Mixed martial arts record
- 4 Kickboxing record
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Mixed martial arts career
Early MMA career
De Randamie made her MMA debut on December 19, 2008 at Revolution Fight Club 2. She faced Vanessa Porto and was defeated via armbar submission in the first round.
On September 11, 2010, de Randamie earned her first MMA win when she defeated Nikohl Johnson via unanimous decision at Playboy Fight Night 5.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
De Randamie next faced Larissa Pacheco at UFC 185 on March 14, 2015. She won the fight via TKO in the second round.
De Randamie faced former bantamweight champion, Holly Holm, at UFC 208 for the inaugural Women's Featherweight Championship on February 11, 2017. She won the fight via unanimous decision. At the end of the second and third rounds, de Randamie continued to throw punches after the horn had sounded. The first of those punches was a right hand that visibly wobbled Holm, who had already stopped fighting. The referee, however, did not take a point on either occasion, which affected the result of the fight and drew criticism from UFC president Dana White. Of the media outlets that reported on the fight, 14 of 23 media outlets scored the bout in favor Holm. After the fight, de Randamie stated that the blows after the horn were unintentional. In contrast, Holm stated that she believed de Randamie’s punches after the horn were intentional.
Stripping of Women’s Featherweight Championship
In late May, de Randamie released a statement over social media that she plans to move back to bantamweight division and rejected the fight with Cris Cyborg due to her repeated transgressions with PEDs. Her decision on not wanting to fight Cyborg drew criticism from many in the media by claiming she was avoiding Cyborg and ignoring her responsibility as a champion to fight any and all challengers. In turn, the promotion stripped her of the title on June 19, 2017, and replacing her with the newly signed Megan Anderson to face Cyborg for the Women's Featherweight Championship at UFC 214; Anderson was then replaced by Invicta Bantamweight Champion Tonya Evinger.
Returning to bantamweight division
On March 8, 2019, de Randamie signed a new 6 fight contract with UFC.
Championships and accomplishments
- Kickboxing/Muay Thai
- Mixed martial arts
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|11 matches||8 wins||3 losses|
|Win||8–3||Raquel Pennington||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez||November 10, 2018||3||5:00||Denver, Colorado, United States||Return to Bantamweight; Pennington missed weight (138 lbs).|
|Win||7–3||Holly Holm||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 208||February 11, 2017||5||5:00||Brooklyn, New York, United States||Won the inaugural UFC Women's Featherweight Championship. Later stripped of title due to unwillingness to fight Cris Cyborg.|
|Win||6–3||Anna Elmose||TKO (knee to the body)||UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Arlovski||May 8, 2016||1||3:46||Rotterdam, Netherlands||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||5–3||Larissa Pacheco||TKO (punches)||UFC 185||March 14, 2015||2||2:02||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Loss||4–3||Amanda Nunes||TKO (elbows)||UFC: Fight for the Troops 3||November 6, 2013||1||3:56||Fort Campbell, Kentucky, United States|
|Win||4–2||Julie Kedzie||Decision (split)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Moraga||July 27, 2013||3||5:00||Seattle, Washington, United States||Return to Bantamweight.|
|Win||3–2||Hiroko Yamanaka||Decision (unanimous)||Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman||August 18, 2012||3||5:00||San Diego, California, United States|
|Loss||2–2||Julia Budd||Decision (unanimous)||Strikeforce Challengers: Fodor vs. Terry||June 24, 2011||3||5:00||Kent, Washington, United States||Featherweight debut.|
|Win||2–1||Stephanie Webber||KO (knee)||Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg||January 29, 2011||1||4:25||San Jose, California, United States|
|Win||1–1||Nikohl Johnson||Decision (unanimous)||Playboy Fight Night 5||September 11, 2010||3||5:00||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Loss||0–1||Vanessa Porto||Submission (armbar)||Revolution Fight Club 2||December 19, 2008||1||3:36||Miami, Florida, United States||Bantamweight debut.|
This section needs to be updated.June 2017)(
|Kickboxing Record (incomplete)|
Wins 37 (14 (T)KO, 23 decisions), 0 Loss, 0 Draws
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
- Sherdog.com. "Germaine". Sherdog. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- "Mixfight interview: Germaine de Randamie". MixFight.nl (in Dutch). 8 October 2009. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- "UFC 208 Countdown: Holly Holm vs. Germaine de Randamie (min 10:45)". YouTube (UFC official channel). 5 February 2017. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- "Fighter Rankings | UFC ®". UFC. Retrieved 2018-11-13.
- MMAjunkie.com staff (2011-01-05). ""Strikeforce Diaz vs. Cyborg" prelims gets de Randamie vs. Webber". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2013-08-22. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
- ""Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg" results: Champs Diaz and Souza defend titles". MMAjunkie.com. 2011-01-29. Archived from the original on 2013-01-16. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "Strikeforce Challengers 16 results: Fodor vs. Terry". MMAFighting.com. 2011-06-25. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "Ronda Rousey Submits Sarah Kaufman, Retains Strikeforce Title". MMARising.com. 2012-08-18. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "'Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman' results: Germaine de Randamie tops Hiroko Yamanaka". MMAjunkie.com. 2012-08-18. Archived from the original on 2013-04-23. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- A.J. Perez (2013-04-18). "Kedzie, de Randamie in UFC on FOX 8". FoxSports.com. Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- Matt Erickson (2013-07-27). "UFC on FOX 8 results/photos: Germaine de Randamie knees way past Julie Kedzie". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2013-07-28. Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- Dave Reid (2013-09-10). "Germaine de Randamie Faces Amanda Nunes At UFC Fight For The Troops 3". MMAInsider.net. Archived from the original on 2013-09-17. Retrieved 2013-09-10.
- "Alexis Davis, Amanda Nunes Victorious At UFC Fight Night 31". MMARising.com. 2013-11-06. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "UFC Fight Night 31 results, photos: Amanda Nunes pounds out Germaine De Randamie". MMAjunkie.com. 2013-11-06. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "MMADecisions.com". MMADecisions.com. Retrieved 2017-02-12.
- Doyle, Dave (2017-02-12). "UFC 208 results: Germaine de Randamie beats Holly Holm in foul-marred fight". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2017-02-12.
- Gray, James (2017-02-13). "Dana White criticises referee as Holly Holm loses to Germaine de Randamie at UFC 208". Daily Express. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- "MMADecisions.com". MMADecisions.com. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "UFC 208: Holly Holm defeated by Germaine de Randamie in controversial featherweight title fight". Retrieved 2017-02-12.
- "Holly Holm believes Germaine de Randamie's punches after the bell were 'intentional'". MMAFighting.com. February 12, 2017. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- Simon, Zane (2017-05-30). "De Randamie seems headed back to 135". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Staff (2017-05-26). "Germaine de Randamie refuses to fight 'Cyborg' Justino, willing to have UFC belt stripped". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-05-26.
- "Germaine de Randamie looks like a coward for refusing to fight 'Cyborg'". Sporting News. 2017-05-30. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Harris, Scott. "Germaine de Randamie Should Be Punished for Running from Cyborg Justino". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Luke Thomas (2017-05-30), There Is No Good Defense of Germaine de Randamie's Actions, retrieved 2017-05-31
- Staff (2017-06-19). "'Cyborg' vs. Megan Anderson for title at UFC 214 after Germaine de Randamie stripped". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-06-19.
- Staff (2017-06-19). "UFC: Yes, Germaine de Randamie stripped of belt due to 'unwillingness' to fight 'Cyborg'". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-06-19.
- "UFC: Germaine de Randamie stripped, Cyborg vs Megan Anderson for vacant title". Fox Sports. 2017-06-19. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Germaine de Randamie returns to bantamweight, meets Marion Reneau at UFC Fight Night 115". MMAjunkie. 2017-07-20. Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- Staff (2017-11-15). "UKetlen Vieira says planned fight with Germaine de Randamie off due to 'GDR' injury". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-02-03.
- Jay Anderson (2018-08-09). "Germaine de Randamie vs. Raquel Pennington Leads Trio of Women's Bouts at UFC Denver". cagesidepress.com. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "UFC Denver results: Germaine de Randamie cruises to decision over Raquel Pennington". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2018-11-11.
- DNA, MMA. "Germaine de Randamie tekent nieuw 6-fight contract bij UFC". Retrieved 2019-03-09.
- Alexander, Mookie (2019-05-29). "Aspen Ladd vs. Germaine de Randamie set as UFC Sacramento main event". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- "Germaine de Randamie profile". WomenKickboxing.com. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "2005 Kickboxing/Muay Thai Results". WomenKickboxing.com. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "2006 Kickboxing/Muay Thai Results". WomenKickboxing.com. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "2008 Kickboxing/Muay Thai Results". WomenKickboxing.com. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "2003 Kickboxing/Muay Thai Results". WomenKickboxing.com. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "MMADecisions.com". MMADecisions.com. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- Sherdog.com. "Germaine". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-11-11.
- "Germaine de Randamie – MMA » Muay Thai – Awakening Fighters". Retrieved 20 June 2017.
|Awards and achievements|
|New title|| 1st UFC Women's Featherweight Champion
February 11, 2017 – June 19, 2017
Stripped of title after refusing to fight Cristiane Justino due to her repeated drug offenses
Title next held byCristiane Justino