|Born||June 20, 1977|
|Other names||The Belizean Bruiser|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9 st 9 lb)|
|Style||Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai|
|Fighting out of||Visalia, California, United States|
|Rank||Black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Cleber Luciano and Tom Knox |
Light blue / dark blue belt in Muay Thai under Rafael Cordeiro
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Occupation||High school teacher|
|University||California State University Long Beach - degree in sports medicine|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Marion Reneau (born June 20, 1977) is an American professional mixed martial artist currently competing as a Bantamweight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. When Marion Reneau is not fighting she is a PE teacher at Farmersville High School. As March 13, 2019, she is #8 in the official UFC bantamweight rankings.
Mixed martial arts career
Reneau began her professional mixed martial arts career in 2010. After winning several professional fights she attempted to try out for The Ultimate Fighter 18. However, she was allegedly told by UFC brass that she was too old to be a contestant on the show, but to keep pressing on and to win a couple of more fights. On the heels of her submission victory over Maureen Riordan in July 2014 at Resurrection Fighting Alliance 16, she was signed by the UFC.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Reneau faced Alexis Dufresne on January 3, 2015 at UFC 182. Reneau won the fight via unanimous decision. At the post fight press conference, Dana White made a point to mention the TUF snub and publicly praised her performance.
Reneau faced Ashlee Evans-Smith on February 21, 2016 at UFC Fight Night: Cowboy vs. Cowboy. She lost the fight by split decision. The judges' decision was controversial as 16 of the 17 media sources scoring the fight scored it for Reneau. She planned to appeal the decision with the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission. However, the appeal was denied by the PSAC.
Reneau then faced Bethe Correia on March 11, 2017 at UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Gastelum. The back-and-forth fight saw strong moments from both women, 2 of the 3 Judges gave the first two rounds to Correia (10-9) and gave the third round to Reneau (10-8) ultimately causing the fight to end in a majority draw. After the fight, Reneau disagreed with the result and said “I believe she won the first round; maybe she might’ve edged me out a little bit. I think I definitely won the second – and for sure I won the third round."
Reneau was expected to face former UFC Women's Featherweight Champion Germaine de Randamie on September 2, 2017 at UFC Fight Night: Struve vs. Volkov, however, De Randamie pulled out of the fight on August 25 citing injury and was replaced by Talita Bernardo Reneau won the fight via TKO in the closing seconds of the third round.
Reneau was scheuled to face former Invicta FC bantamweight champion Tonya Evinger at UFC Fight Night: Cowboy vs. Medeiros on February 18, 2018. However, on January 9, 2018, it was announced that Evinger was forced to pull out from the fight due to injury, resulting Reneau being pulled from the event and rescheduled to face Sara McMann on February 24, 2018 at UFC on Fox 28. After being dominated the first round, she rallied back in the second round by knocking McMann down and then submitted her.
Marion Reneau is a graduate of California State University Long Beach with a degree in sports medicine and she is a high school teacher
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|15 matches||9 wins||5 losses|
|Loss||9–5–1||Yana Kunitskaya||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. dos Santos||March 9, 2019||3||5:00||Wichita, Kansas, United States|
|Loss||9–4–1||Cat Zingano||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: dos Santos vs. Ivanov||July 14, 2018||3||5:00||Boise, Idaho, United States|
|Win||9–3–1||Sara McMann||Submission (triangle choke)||UFC on Fox: Emmett vs. Stephens||February 24, 2018||2||3:40||Orlando, Florida, United States|
|Win||8–3–1||Talita Bernardo||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Struve||September 2, 2017||3||4:54||Rotterdam, Netherlands|
|Draw||7–3–1||Bethe Correia||Draw (majority)||UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Gastelum||March 11, 2017||3||5:00||Fortaleza, Brazil|
|Win||7–3||Milana Dudieva||TKO (punches and elbows)||UFC Fight Night: Mousasi vs. Hall 2||November 19, 2016||3||3:03||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|Loss||6–3||Ashlee Evans-Smith||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Cowboy vs. Cowboy||February 21, 2016||3||5:00||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Loss||6–2||Holly Holm||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Mir vs. Duffee||July 15, 2015||3||5:00||San Diego, California, United States|
|Win||6–1||Jéssica Andrade||Submission (triangle choke)||UFC Fight Night: Bigfoot vs. Mir||February 22, 2015||1||1:54||Porto Alegre, Brazil||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||5–1||Alexis Dufresne||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 182||January 3, 2015||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Catchweight (138 lbs) bout; Dufresne missed weight.|
|Win||4–1||Maureen Riordon||Submission (armbar)||RFA 16||July 25, 2014||1||4:15||Broomfield, Colorado, United States||Bantamweight debut.|
|Win||3–1||Leslie Rodriguez||TKO (punches)||Tachi Palace Fights 17||November 14, 2013||1||1:24||Lemoore, California, United States|
|Win||2–1||Lydia Reyes||KO (punch)||TWC 15||October 26, 2012||1||0:10||Porterville, California, United States|
|Loss||1–1||Julia Avila||Decision (unanimous)||TWC 13||January 27, 2012||3||5:00||Porterville, California, United States|
|Win||1–0||Chantalle Castellanos||TKO (punches)||TWC 13||March 7, 2010||3||1:38||Porterville, California, United States|
- "Marion Reneau". UFC. Retrieved 2019-03-01.
- Jorge Herrera (@jorgeluisherrera77) (February 13, 2016). "With my good friend ufc fighter and new black belt Marion Reneau @marion_reneau". Instagram. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- Jack Bratcher (April 5, 2016). "The definitive Tom Knox skateboarding / BJJ interview". Pro MMA Now.
- Damian Marquez (2014-12-09). "Visalia's Marion Reneau signs with the UFC". visaliatimesdelta.com. Retrieved 2014-12-09.
- "Fighter Rankings | UFC ®". UFC. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- Zane Simon (2014-12-10). "Welcome to the UFC McLellan and Reneau". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2014-12-10.
- Staff (2014-12-18). "UFC 182 complete with Dufresne vs. Reneau". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-12-18.
- Staff (2015-01-05). "Dana White apologizes to UFC 182 winner Marion Reneau after 'TUF' snub". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-01-05.
- Robert Sargent (2015-01-09). "Jéssica Andrade to face Marion Reneau at UFC Fight Night 61". mmarising.com. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-02-22). "UFC Fight Night 61 results: Marion Reneau upsets, taps out Jessica Andrade". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- Staff (2015-02-22). "UFC Fight Night 61 bonuses: Frank Mir leads quartet of 'Performance of the Night' winners". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- Tristen Critchfield (2015-05-20). "Holly Holm vs. Marion Reneau targeted for UFC Fight Night in San Diego". sherdog.com.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-02-21). "UFC Fight Night 83 results: Ashlee Evans-Smith rallies for split over Marion Reneau". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- "Ashlee Evans-Smith defeats Marion Reneau". mmadecisions.com. 2016-02-21. Retrieved 2016-02-23.
- Marc Raimondi (2016-02-23). "Marion Reneau plans appeal of sketchy decision loss to Ashlee Evans-Smith". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-02-23.
- Nick Baldwin (2016-03-04). "Manager: 'We tried to file an appeal' for Reneau's controversial loss, but PSAC denied". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- Dann Stupp (2016-11-19). "UFC Fight Night 99 results: Marion Reneau stops Milana Dudieva via third-round TKO". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-11-19.
- Sherdog.com. "Bethe Correia-Marion Reneau, Paulo Costa-Alex Nicholson Join UFC Fight Night 106 in Fortaleza". Sherdog. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "UFC Fight Night 106 Results: Bethe Correia vs. Marion Reneau". | BJPenn.com. 2017-03-11. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "Marion Reneau on Bethe Correia: 'I don't accept the draw' at UFC Fight Night 106". MMAjunkie. 2017-03-12. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- "Germaine de Randamie out at UFC Fight Night 115, promotion seeking replacement". MMAjunkie. 2017-08-25. Retrieved 2017-09-01.
- Sherdog.com. "Talita Oliveira Replaces Germaine de Randamie, Faces Marion Reneau at UFC Fight Night 115". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-11-05.
- "UFC Fight Night 115 results: Marion Reneau pounds Talita Bernardo for late stoppage". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2018-11-05.
- "Tonya Evinger vs. Marion Reneau Official for UFC Austin". Cageside Press. 2017-12-26. Retrieved 2017-12-26.
- "Tonya Evinger injured, out of Marion Reneau fight at UFC Austin". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Marion Reneau vs. Sara McMann headed to UFC on FOX 28 in Orlando". MMAjunkie. 2018-01-10. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "UFC on FOX 28 results: Marion Reneau survives rough first, taps Sara McMann in second". MMAjunkie. 2018-02-25. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- "Cat Zingano vs. Marion Reneau, Liz Carmouche vs. Jennifer Maia Among Bouts Announced for UFC Boise". cagesidepress.com. 2018-04-20. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "UFC Fight Night 133 results: Cat Zingano's relentless takedown game grinds out Marion Reneau". MMAjunkie. 2018-07-15. Retrieved 2018-07-15.
- Staff (2018-12-12). "Multiple UFC 233 fights get new dates, locations after Jan. 26 card scratched". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- "Yana Kunitskaya takes the nod in bloody battle with Marion Reneau (UFC Wichita Highlights)". MMAWeekly.com. 2019-03-10. Retrieved 2019-03-10.
- Sherdog.com. "Marion". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-11-09.