|Elevation||1,500 m (4,900 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
- Fort Portal Municipality
- Kijura Municipality
Kijura is located approximately 20 kilometres (12 mi), by road, northeast of Fort Portal, the largest town in the sub region. The coordinates of the town are:00 48 36N, 30 24 54E (Latitude:0.8100; Longitude:30.4150).
The exact population of Kijura is not known at this time.
The landmarks within the town limits or near the town include:
- The offices of Kijura Town Council
- Kijura Central Market
- The headquarters of Kijura Sub-county
- The burial site of Brigadier Noble Mayombo, R.I.P.
- Kijura Community Library.
- The offices of VillageConnect Information Centre, an Information technology NGO