Nguyen in 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Known for||War Witch (Rebelle)|
Kim Nguyen is a Canadian film director and screenwriter, best known for his 2012 film War Witch (Rebelle). The film was the top winner at the 1st Canadian Screen Awards; in addition to being named Best Picture and winning acting awards for two of its stars, Nguyen himself won the awards for Best Director and Best Original Screenplay.
Born and raised in Montreal, Quebec to a Vietnamese father and a French Canadian mother, Nguyen has directed a number of feature films to date including War Witch (also known by the French title Rebelle) in 2012 and Eye on Juliet in 2017.
- Le Marais (2002)
- Truffe (2008)
- City of Shadows (2010) (French title La Cité)
- War Witch (2012) (French title Rebelle)
- Two Lovers and a Bear (2016) (French title Un ours et deux amants
- Eye on Juliet (2017)
- The Hummingbird Project (2018)
- Soleil glacé (2000, short)
- The Glove (2004, short)
- La chambre no. 13 (2006, television)
- Le Nez (2014)
- Bellevue (2017, director: 2 episodes)
- "Oscars 2013: Montreal director Kim Nguyen steps closer to Oscar glory". Toronto Star, December 22, 2012.
- "Canadian Screen Awards raises the star wattage". Toronto Star, March 3, 2013.
- "Kim Nguyen nous parle de «Rebelle»". Première Chaîne, May 11, 2012.
- "Yes he Cannes! Concordian heads to film festival". www.concordia.ca. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
|This article about a Canadian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|