Kinsman Township, Trumbull County, Ohio
|Kinsman Township, Trumbull County, Ohio|
Clarence Darrow Octagon House in Kinsman
Location of Kinsman Township in Trumbull County
|• Total||26.8 sq mi (69.4 km2)|
|• Land||26.4 sq mi (68.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|Elevation||1,010 ft (308 m)|
|• Density||73.5/sq mi (28.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087036|
Located in the northeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Williamsfield Township, Ashtabula County - north
- West Shenango Township, Crawford County, Pennsylvania - northeast
- Greene Township, Mercer County, Pennsylvania - east
- West Salem Township, Mercer County, Pennsylvania - southeast
- Vernon Township - south
- Johnston Township - southwest corner
- Gustavus Township - west
- Wayne Township, Ashtabula County - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Clarence Darrow was born in Kinsman Township.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Trumbull County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 176.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.