Mesopotamia Township, Trumbull County, Ohio
|Mesopotamia Township, Trumbull County, Ohio|
Buildings on the village green at Mesopotamia Center
Location of Mesopotamia Township in Trumbull County
|• Total||27.1 sq mi (70.1 km2)|
|• Land||27.1 sq mi (70.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||850 ft (259 m)|
|• Density||112.7/sq mi (43.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087040|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Windsor Township, Ashtabula County - north
- Orwell Township, Ashtabula County - northeast corner
- Bloomfield Township - east
- Bristol Township - southeast corner
- Farmington Township - south
- Parkman Township, Geauga County - southwest corner
- Middlefield Township, Geauga County - west
- Huntsburg Township, Geauga County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Mesopotamia Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Trumbull County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 86.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Leander Frisby, Wisconsin Historical Society
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.