|• Body||South Delhi Municipal Corporation (068-S)|
|• Official||Hindi, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||South West Delhi|
|Civic agency||South Delhi Municipal Corporation (068-S)|
Kishangarh (Hindi: किशनगढ़) is an Urban village of jats located near Vasant Kunj in South West Delhi district of Delhi, India, on the hills of Aravali, between Mehrauli and Vasant Kunj. One extreme of Kishangarh is around 4 km from Qutub Minar in historic Mehrauli area. The other extreme is approximately 7.5 km from the Indira Gandhi International Airport. Munirka is about 5 km, where the Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, connecting the main Vasant Kunj Marg with the Outer Ring Road forms its western boundary.
Kishangarh comes under South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) MEHRAULI(Ward Name), 068-S(Ward Number).
Geography and climate
Kishangarh lies in the South West district of Delhi and, like the rest of the city, has a semi-arid climate with a significant difference between summer and winter temperatures. While the summer temperatures may go up to 46 °C, the winters can seem freezing to people used to a warm climate with near 2.5 °C.
The soil of Kishangarh consists of sandy loam to loam texture. The water level has gone down in the recent past hovering between 45 m to 50 m due to rise in population.
Nearest Metro Station :
Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses which passes from kishangarh are:
- 539(Mehrauli - Nangloi)
- 604(Chhatarpur (Delhi Metro) Station - New Delhi railway station)
- 605(Mori Gate - Vasant Kunj Sector C-9)
- 714(Badarpur, Delhi M.B Road - Rajokri Harijan basti)
- 715(Mehrauli - Mangla Puri)
- 717(Badarpur, Delhi M.B Road - Shahabad Mohammadpur SMDP)
There are three bus stops of Kishangarh.
- 1st is on Mehrauli-Mahipalpur Road Near [ Atul Mahender Singh Bhattewala Office ] (Delhi Transco Limited sub-station)
- 2nd is on Aruna Asaf Ali Marg(near bawa potteries)
- 3rd is also on Aruna Asaf Ali Marg (near Neela Hauz) known as Kishangarh Xing.
- South Delhi Municipal Corporation Primary School - on the northern side of village
- Aditya Institute of Technology (diploma engineering college) - on the eastern side of village
- KidsLand Pre-School, H. No.-108/9, Opp. Gaushala Mandir Gate No.2
Previously there were no banks in Kishangarh village but recently Canara Bank opened its Kishangarh branch bank in the car market near bus stop of Atul Mahender Singh Bhattewala . Apart from this there are ATMs of various bank around Kishangarh .
There is only a temple in the centre of the village known as Baba Laturiya Mandir.
Mahender Singh Bhattewala (MLA) ( 1998 - 2003 ) represented Mahipalpur constituency.
Kishangarh was largely considered to be a place cut off from the main city, but in recent years saw rapid progress in this aspect with the Delhi Metro coming to close by Chattarpur and more bus routes added to the area by DTC. The transit to Delhi Metro station has also become easier via Metro feeder buses available at regular intervals.
The distance between Kishangarh Village and some prominent areas within the NCT of Delhi/New Delhi are as follows: -
- Kishangarh - Qutub Minar : 4 km
- Kishangarh - IGI Airport Terminal 7.5 km
- Kishangarh - Dwarka Sub City : 11 km
- Kishangarh - Chittaranjan Park : 13 km
- Kishangarh - AIIMS : 14 km
- Kishangarh - Lajpat Nagar : 16 km
- Kishangarh - Connaught Place : 17 km
- Kishangarh - Rajouri Garden : 18 km
- Kishangarh - Nizamuddin Railway Station : 20 km
- Kishangarh - New Delhi Railway Station : 23 km
- Kishangarh - Kashmere Gate : 25 km
- Kishangarh - Delhi University : 27 km
- Kishangarh - Rohini Sub City : 30 km
- Kishangarh - Delhi Singhu Border : 48 km
- Kishangarh - Bawana : 50 km
The distance between Kishangarh Village and some prominent areas in the Delhi NCR region are as follows: -
- Kishangarh - Gurgaon : 15 km
- Kishangarh - Noida : 27 km
- Kishangarh - Faridabad : 33 km
- Kishangarh - Ghaziabad : 46 km
- Kishangarh - Greater Noida : 57 km