It is located near Beltway 8 and Bammel North Houston Drive, it is east of the Willowbrook area of Houston, and south of the unincorporated area of Champion Forest. The main road of the subdivision is Bammel North Houston Drive.
In 2001 Anita St. Julien, a Kleinbrook resident and an employee of Re/Max Suburban Northwest, said "Though it's a tract neighborhood, it doesn't look very `tracty' because of the numerous builders that we've had over the years." During that year Annie Chen, a broker at Lyn Realty, said "Every street you drive through is clean. It's landscaped, and the houses are painted." Chen said that the homeowner's association rules and enforcement maintain the neighborhood. In 2001 the homeowner's association charged $25 U.S. dollars for a second violation. During that year the neighborhood had $340 annual dues. The neighborhood has a pool, tennis courts, and a clubhouse.
In 2001 most of the houses in Kleinbrook were built in the 1980s before the economy collapsed. Many Kleinbrook lots were empty until building resumed in the early 1990s.
Around 2002 Kleinbrook had a median price range[clarification needed] of $84,000-121,000 U.S. dollars. In 2004 Kleinbrook, which had 628 houses, had 10 foreclosures. 1.6% of the houses were foreclosed. Its 2005 the subdivision had a median price range of $95,000-$151,000. The 2005 price per square foot was $65.43 while its 2006 median price per square foot was $63.16.
Government and infrastructure
The community is served by the Harris County Sheriff's Office District I Patrol, headquartered from the Cypresswood Substation at 6831 Cypresswood Drive. The area is served by the Northwest Volunteer Fire Department.
Students living in Kleinbrook are zoned to the Klein Independent School District. The zoned schools are Klenk Elementary School, Wunderlich Intermediate School, and Klein Forest High School. The zoning to the Klein Independent School District schools attracted residents to Kleinbrook. In January 2004 the Klein ISD board of trustees considered rezoning Kleinbrook to McDougle Elementary School in Proposal 2; at that time Kleinbrook had 230 students.
- "Kleinbrook V." Mint Homes. Retrieved on December 7, 2008.
- Canon, Kim. "Legislation would help punish people who put out illegal signs." Houston Chronicle. Thursday April 10, 2003. ThisWeek 3.
- Feser, Katherine. "Kleinbrook has variety in look, sizes and price." Houston Chronicle. Sunday December 6, 2001. Business 8.
- "Houston-area home price trends." Houston Chronicle. Sunday April 6, 2003. Business 8.
- "WHEN THE DOOR SLAMS SHUT / Foreclosure rates for Houston area subdivisions." Houston Chronicle. Sunday August 28, 2005. Business 7.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD PRICE TRENDS / Home price trends in Houston-area subdivisions." Houston Chronicle. Sunday April 15, 2007.
- "Parks Map Archived 2008-07-23 at the Wayback Machine.." Harris County Precinct 4. Retrieved on November 22, 2008.
- "Welcome to Precinct 4 Archived 2008-05-09 at the Wayback Machine.." Harris County Precinct 4. Retrieved on November 22, 2008.
- District I Map. Harris County Sheriff's Office. Retrieved on November 23, 2008.
- "District I Patrol." Harris County Sheriff's Office. Retrieved on November 23, 2008.
- "Jurisdiction Lookup." Harris County, Texas. Retrieved on November 7, 2008.
- "ATTENDANCE ZONES KLEIN FOREST HIGH SCHOOL 2008-2009." Klein Independent School District. Retrieved on December 7, 2008.
- Dodson, Doug. "Klein trustees focus on attendance zones / Boundaries for elementary schools to be redrawn." Houston Chronicle. Thursday January 15, 2004. ThisWeek 18.