|Traded as||NYSE: LPI|
S&P 600 component
Russell 2000 Index component
|Founder||Randy A. Foutch|
|Headquarters||Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.|
| Randy A. Foutch, Chairman & CEO|
Richard C. Buterbaugh, CFO
|68 thousand barrels of oil equivalent (420,000 GJ) per day (2018)|
|Revenue||$1.105 billion (2018)|
|$0.328 billion (2018)|
|Total assets||$2.420 billion (2018)|
|Total equity||$1.174 billion (2018)|
|Owner||Warburg Pincus (21.9%)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
As of December 31, 2018, the company had 238 million barrels of oil equivalent (1.46×109 GJ) of estimated proved reserves, of which 26% was petroleum, 36% was natural-gas condensates and 38% was natural gas. All of these reserves were in the Permian Basin, where the company controlled 120,617 net acres.
The company drills almost all of its wells using what it calls the "earth model", which it claims increases efficiency.
The company was founded in October 2006 by Randy A. Foutch.
In May 2013, the company sold its assets in the Anadarko Basin in western Oklahoma and Texas to affiliates of EnerVest Ltd for $438 million to raise capital for its drilling activities in the Permian Basin.
In 2017, the company sold its interest in the Medallion Pipeline.
- "Laredo Petroleum, Inc. 2018 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Earth model assists Permian asset valuation". Oil and Gas Journal. July 6, 2015.
- "Laredo Petroleum Completes Broad Oak Energy Acquisition" (Press release). PR Newswire. July 6, 2011.
- Joyce, Matt (July 6, 2011). "Broad Oak Energy bought for $1 billion". American City Business Journals.
- MARKS, JAY F. (May 22, 2013). "Laredo selling Anadarko Basin acreage in $438M deal". The Oklahoman.
- "Laredo Petroleum exits Anadarko Basin with $438 mln asset sale". Reuters. May 21, 2013.
- "Laredo Petroleum Acquires Bolt-On Midland Basin Acreage" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. July 14, 2016.
- "Laredo to increase Midland basin holdings". Oil and Gas Journal. July 14, 2016.
- "Laredo Petroleum Announces Agreement to Sell Interest in Medallion Pipeline" (Press release). GlobeNewswire. October 2, 2017.