Lavallette School District
|Lavallette School District|
|105 Brooklyn Avenue
Lavallette, NJ 08735
|Superintendent||Dr. Peter Morris|
|Business administrator||Patricia Christopher|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||122 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||DE|
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "DE", the fifth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Students in public school for ninth through twelfth grades attend Point Pleasant Beach High School in Point Pleasant Beach, as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Point Pleasant Beach School District, together with students from Bay Head and Mantoloking. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 371 students and 31.6 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 11.7:1.
Schools in the district are:
- Lavallette Elementary School, which had an enrollment of 138 students as of the 2014-15 school year.
- Dr. Peter Morris, Superintendent
- Patricia Christopher, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for Lavallette Borough Board Of Education, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 7, 2014.
- Point Pleasant Beach School District 2015 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 1, 2016. "The Point Pleasant Beach School District is one of the oldest and finest at the Shore. Our school is rich in history and tradition. In addition to serving the students of Point Pleasant Beach and Mantoloking the district serves the high school age students of Bay Head and Lavallette."
- School data for Point Pleasant Beach High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Living & Learning in Ocean County - Public Schools Directory 2016-2017, Ocean County, New Jersey. Accessed January 18, 2017.
- School Data for the Lavallette Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Staff Directory, Lavallette School District. Accessed January 18, 2017.
- New Jersey School Directory for Ocean County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Lavallette Elementary School
- Lavallette Elementary School's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Lavallette Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics