Ocean County College
|Type||Two-year community college|
|President||Jon H. Larson|
Ocean County College (OCC) is an accredited, coeducational, two-year, public, community college located in Ocean County, New Jersey, United States. Its main campus is in Toms River. Other locations include the Southern Education Center in Manahawkin and over twenty off-campus sites throughout Ocean County.
The current president is Jon H. Larson, who entered office in 2000. Previously, he was president of Luzerne County Community College in Nanticoke, Pennsylvania. He holds a BA degree from Norwich University, and an M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Maryland.
- John C. Bartlett Jr. (born 1947), member of the Ocean County Board of Chosen Freeholders
- Biggie Biggs (born 1974), professional wrestler
- Danny Clinch (born 1964), photographer and film director
- Virginia E. Haines (born 1946), politician; serves on the Ocean County Board of Chosen Freeholders; served in the New Jersey General Assembly, 1992-1994; executive director of the New Jersey Lottery, 1994-2002
- Richard O'Meara, brigadier general, United States Army
- Bruce Springsteen (born 1949), musician (non-graduate)
- "Dr. Jon Larson"
- John C. Bartlett Jr., Ocean County, New Jersey. Accessed March 1, 2009.
- Adelizzi, Joe. "Biggs making right moves; Howell High School graduate preaches what he practives to aspiring wrestlers", Asbury Park Press, January 25, 2003. Accessed February 14, 2018. "Life took a sharp turn for Nick Podsvirow shortly after he graduated from Howell High School and entered Ocean County College in 1992. 'I was in the game room at OCC and I saw a sign about the Iron Mike Sharpe School of Wrestling (in Brick),' said Podsvirow, also known as Biggie Biggs, heavyweight champion of the Independent Wrestling Federation."
- Staff. "Haines picked to head lottery", Asbury Park Press, May 19, 1994. Accessed August 30, 2016. "Education: Graduated from Lakewood High School in 1964; attended Ocean County College."