|Lexus NX (AZ10)|
Lexus NX 300h F Sport wagon
|Production||August 2014 – present|
|Assembly||Japan: Miyawaka, Fukuoka (Miyata plant)|
|Designer||Nobuyuki Tomatsu (2012)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact luxury crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Layout||Transverse front-engine, front-wheel drive / all-wheel drive|
|Related||Toyota RAV4 (XA40)|
|Wheelbase||2,660 mm (104.7 in)|
|Length||4,630.4 mm (182.3 in)|
|Width||1,869.4 mm (73.6 in)|
|Height||1,645.9 mm (64.8 in)|
|Curb weight||1,787–1,905 kg (3,940–4,200 lb)|
The Lexus NX (Japanese: レクサス・NX, Rekusasu NX) is a compact luxury crossover SUV sold by Lexus, a luxury division of Toyota. It was introduced in late 2014 as an all-new, entry-level crossover model in Lexus' lineup, slotted below the mid-size RX crossover. The name NX stands for Nimble Crossover.
The NX was revealed at the Beijing International Automotive Exhibition on 20 April 2014. The NX shares a small portion of parts with the Toyota RAV4 primarily related to the structure and wheelbase, while the styling, suspension parts, some engines, interior, and level of luxury and craftsmanship are unique to the Lexus. Lexus NX variants sold in the United States feature slightly altered fascias, which facilitate higher departure angles. US sales began in November 2014. Production commenced on 8 August 2014 at the Miyata plant in Miyawaka, Fukuoka.
The Lexus NX is available with various powertrains. In the US, it comes in NX 200t (renamed NX 300 starting with MY2018) and NX 300h trims:
The Lexus NX 200t features the newly developed 8AR-FTS 2.0L turbocharged inline four cylinder direct injection engine that can run on both Otto and Atkinson cycles. Mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission, this engine produces 235 hp @ 4,800 rpm and 258 lb-ft at 1,650 rpm. The NX is the first Lexus vehicle to feature a turbocharged gasoline engine in the US market.
The Lexus NX 300h hybrid comes powered by a 2.5-liter inline-four 2AR-FXE engine mated to an electric motor and CVT that puts out a combined 194 hp (145 kW) and is shared with the Toyota Camry Hybrid.
In addition, a 2.0-liter naturally aspirated engine producing 150 hp (110 kW) will be available in Russian markets.
The Lexus NX is liberally equipped. Notable features include:
- Advanced voice command
- Remote Touch with Touchpad
- Drive Mode Select
- Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Blind spot monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane Departure Alert
- Radar Cruise Control with All-speed Tracking Function
- Premium triple-beam LED headlamps
- Backup camera
- Tire Pressure Monitor System
In its first full year of sales the NX sold over 43,000 units in the USA. It was also successful in Europe where it sold over 28,000 in its first full year of sales, of which more than 17,000 were hybrids. This made it Lexus's best selling model in Europe. Its success was also strong in Russia, where in its first full year of sales it was the best selling luxury vehicle.
|Calendar year||US sales (hybrid)||Europe sales (hybrid)|
|2015||43,764 (2,573)||28,417 (17,278)|
|2017||59,341 (3,323)||27,789 (19,747)|
- "Affiliates (Toyota wholly-owned subsidiaries)-Toyota Auto Body Co., Ltd". Toyota Motor Corporation. 2012. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "RCD file information - 002300681-0001". eSearch.
- "RCD file information - 002300681-0002". eSearch.
- "RCD file information - 002300681-0003". eSearch.
- "Lexus > NX". Lexus Japan.
- "LEXUS TO REVEAL THE NEW NX MID-SIZE CROSSOVER AT BEIJING MOTOR SHOW". Toyota Europe. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "NX chief on re-engineering the RAV4 for luxury". AutoNews.
- "Do You Know Why US-Bound Lexus NX Has a Different Snout than International Version?". CarScoops.
- Sharifi, Jim (22 October 2014). "All-new 2015 Lexus NX Priced from $35,405". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "Lexus NX Starts Production on a High Note" (Press release). Japan: Toyota. 8 August 2014. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- "Lexus NX crossover will cost from 1 448 000 rubles". Wroom.ru. Wroom.ru. 30 August 2014. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Toyota Motor Europe (TME) sold 874,000 vehicles in 2015 with record 209,000 hybrid sales". Europe: Toyota. 14 January 2016. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "Russia best selling cars ranking with the top 100 models in the 2015". Focus2Move. 24 December 2015. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- Cain, Timothy. "Lexus NX Sales Figures". GoodCarBadCar. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- Cobb, Jeff (6 January 2015). "December 2014 Dashboard". Hybrid Cars. US. Retrieved 12 July 2017.
- Cobb, Jeff (6 January 2016). "December 2015 Dashboard". Hybrid Cars. US. Retrieved 12 July 2017.
- "December 2016 Sales Chart" (Press release). US: Toyota. 4 January 2017. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- Cobb, Jeff (5 January 2017). "December 2016 Dashboard". Hybrid Cars. US. Retrieved 12 July 2017.
- "December 2017 Sales Chart" (Press release). US: Toyota. 3 January 2018. Retrieved 25 February 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lexus NX.|