List of Linux containers
Linux containers are implementations of operating system-level virtualization for the Linux operating system. Several implementations exist, all based on the virtualization, isolation, and resource management mechanisms provided by the Linux kernel, notably Linux namespaces and cgroups. These include:
- Docker, first released on 13 March 2013
- lmctfy, initially developed by Google and released on 13 October 2013 and not actively developed since 2015.
- LXC (Linux Containers), first released on August 6, 2008
- Container Linux (Rkt), initially developed by CoreOS
- Rami, Rosen. "Namespaces and Cgroups, the basis of Linux Containers" (PDF). Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "LXC - Linux Containers". linuxcontainers.org. Retrieved 2014-11-10.
- "LXD". help.ubuntu.com. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- Poettering, Lennart. "systemd For Administrators, Part XXI". Retrieved 2 July 2016.
|This Linux-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|