List of companies of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic
The Nagorno-Karabakh Republic is an unrecognised republic in the South Caucasus. The region is considered by the UN to be part of Azerbaijan, but is under the control of ethnic Armenian separatists. The NKR controls most of the territory of the former Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast and some of the surrounding area, giving it a border with Armenia to the west, Iran to the south, and the uncontested territory of Azerbaijan to the north and east.
The telecommunications sector was developed with Karabakh Telecom investing millions of dollars in mobile telephony, spearheaded by a Lebanese company. Copper and gold mining has been advancing since 2002 with development and launch of operations at Drmbon deposit. Approximately 27–28 thousand tons (wet weight) of concentrates are produced with average copper content of 19–21% and gold content of 32–34 g/t. The banking system is administered by Artsakhbank (the state bank) and a number of Armenian banks. The republic uses the Armenian dram.
Wine growing and processing of agricultural products, particularly wine (i.e., storage of wine, wine stuff, cognac alcohol) is one of the prioritized directions of the economic development.
This list includes notable companies with primary headquarters located in the country. The industry and sector follow the Industry Classification Benchmark taxonomy. Organizations which have ceased operations are included and noted as defunct.
|Artsakh Air||Cosnumer services||Travel & leisure||Stepanakert||2011||Airline|
|Azat Artsakh||Consumer services||Media||Stepanakert||1923||Newspaper|
A hotel in downtown Stepanakert.
- "Official website of the President of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic. General Information about NKR". President.nkr.am. 1 January 2010. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Karabakh Telecom site". Karabakhtelecom.com. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Base Metals LLC – History". Bm.am. 7 October 2002. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Statistical Yearbook of NKR 2002–2008, p. 169" (PDF). Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Base Metals LLC – Product". Bm.am. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh: Process of State Building at the Crossroad of Centuries" (PDF). "Institute of Political Research" SNCO. 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 November 2011. Retrieved 22 March 2011.