Look (UK magazine)
116,024 (ABC Jul - Dec 2015)|
Print and digital editions.
|First issue||February 2007|
Look was a glossy high street fashion and celebrity weekly magazine for young women. It was published by TI Media, and edited by Ali Hall. The magazine focused on fashion, high street shopping advice, celebrity style and news, and real-life stories.
Launched in February 2007, Look delivered a debut ABC of 318,907 making it the most successful launch in 17 years. It is a weekly high street fashion magazine for women. One of its most popular franchises is High Street Hottest, which showcases the latest products to hit the high street.
Look.co.uk was launched in 2008. It showcases high street fashion, beauty and celebrity style news.
Rated number 14 out of 22 for the second half of 2013 Look magazine offers fashion, shopping and beauty advice for the average woman, as well as celebrity gossip. The magazine also brings news coverage of well-known people in the media. It also uses models with more average sized bodies to show off fashion.
As conducted by the Audit Bureau of Circulation in July to December 2013, the magazine company received a total of 187,884 readers whereas the National Readership Survey reported 487,000 during October 2012 to September 2013. In the six months from July to December 2015 Look's circulation had fallen to 116,024
It was announced that that the Look magazine would be discontinued and the final issue was issued on 29 May, 2018.
Look magazine covered events including the Cannes Film Festival, The Academy Awards, New York Fashion Week, London Fashion Week, Paris Fashion Week, The Glamour Awards, BBC Teen Awards, CinemaCon, Britain’s Got Talent, AMFAR Gala, AFI Life Achievement Awards, and many others.
The magazine company hosted the Look Reader Event,. It was an exclusive event, in which those attending received manicures, makeup, and massages. Free tickets were offered for those who were interested and over the age of 18. It was held for a week in July and August 2011 in London and Liverpool in England. The event allowed attendees to try on name brand clothing, in which a photographer snapped their picture sporting the clothes for keepsakes.
As a way to look for new styles and interact with its readers, Look hosted blog competitions open to the public. Winners from the last competition held in 2011 received VIP tickets to the Look Show AW11, which was in collaboration with Westfield Stratford City. Its website lists its favorite top 20 competitors, in which it includes links to their blogs. Among those favorites was a blog titled She’s Called Clair. The creator and updater, Clair, is a woman who posts her wardrobe, advertising her personal style to the public. Along with each post, she writes about what she loves and hates in fashion, gaining an audience of comments. Clair lives in Brighton, England. She is a journalist for Brighton Fashion Week, as well as for other publications. She is also a novelist and photographer.
The editor of Look was Ali Hall with Maria Coole as acting editor for the print editions. Kate Stephens was the editor of the online edition. In regards to publishing, Julie Lavington and Tammi Illey made up the publishing team with Lavington acting as the director.
- "ABC Certificates and Reports: Look". Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Mag ABCs: Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire and Look among big fallers in women's fashion/lifestyle sector". Press Gazette. 13 February 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Look (Weekly)". National Readership Survey. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- Ponsford, Dominic (11 February 2016). "Full 2015 UK magazines ABC circulation breakdown: 60 out of 442 titles grow sales". Press Gazette. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- Time Inc UK closes Look magazine after 11 years blaming ‘continuing pressure’ on sales
- "Exclusive LOOK Reader Event". Look. 9 June 2011. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- "She's called Claire". She's Called Claire Blogspot. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- "TimeIncUK.com". IPC Media. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- Look Magazine website with preview sample of each week’s magazine
- Look Magazine overview and publishers' information