Loving You (Michael Jackson song)
|Song by Michael Jackson|
|from the album Xscape|
|Released||May 9, 2014|
|Genre||Smooth jazz (original version), R&B (remake)|
"Loving You" is a song by American recording artist Michael Jackson that was originally recorded during the Bad sessions in 1985 and the chorus section had notable similarities to "The Girl Is Mine". Matt Forger, one of Jackson's trusted engineers stated that, "It was a good song, just not in serious consideration for the album, Bad. One of many that were recorded and put away." A reworked version of the song was included in Jackson's posthumous album Xscape (2014).
The song made its debut on May 6, 2014 on Epic Records and was available streaming for Epic Unlimited members.“Loving You” is a playful summer ballad about Michael having a nice stay-at-home retreat from the outside world with his lover. The re-tooled, produced by Timbaland, is very reminiscent of the Motown era, with a soulful melody and a pleasant bass line.
|US Hot R&B Songs (Billboard)||24|
|US Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles (Billboard)||2|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||42|
|UK Radio Airplay||40|
- Shields, Damien. "Mystery track on Michael Jackson's 'XSCAPE' album is called "Lovin' You" – Track list complete!". Damienshields.com. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Michael Jackson / Loving You - Music Unlimited". Music.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Lescharts.com – Michael Jackson – Loving You" (in French). Les classement single. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- "Michael Jackson Album & Song Chart History". Billboard. Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles for Michael Jackson. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Michael Jackson – Loving You" (in Dutch). Single Top 100. Retrieved July 3, 2014.