2300 Jackson Street (song)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"2300 Jackson Street"|
|Single by The Jacksons feat. Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson, Janet Jackson, Rebbie Jackson|
|from the album 2300 Jackson Street|
|B-side||"When I Look at You"|
|Released||March 16, 1989|
|The Jacksons singles chronology|
|Michael Jackson singles chronology|
|Marlon Jackson singles chronology|
|Janet Jackson singles chronology|
|Rebbie Jackson singles chronology|
"2300 Jackson Street" is a 1989 single released by The Jacksons from their album of the same name. The song features Michael and Marlon Jackson, who had previously left the group, although this is the only track that they are featured on the album. It also features two of the Jackson sisters Rebbie and Janet. "2300 Jackson Street" is about the Jackson family's childhood home in Gary, Indiana. The track was written and composed by The Jacksons as well as Teddy Riley among others. It peaked on the Billboard R&B singles chart at #9.
The video features most of the Jackson family members, including children of The Jacksons. La Toya is not featured in the music video nor the song, as she was estranged from the family at the time. Marlon, while he sang on the track, also didn't appear in the video. Some scenes include the Jackson family playing pool and Jermaine, Tito, Randy and Jackie playing football. It also shows some members of the Jackson family (apart from La Toya and Marlon) singing the song together. The video was shot in March 1989.
Featured in the video
- Austin Brown
- Autumn Joy Jackson
- Brandi Jackson
- Jaimy Jackson
- Jackie Jackson
- Janet Jackson
- Jeremy Maldonaldo Jackson
- Jermaine Jackson, Jr.
- Joe Jackson
- Jourdynn Michael Jackson
- Katherine Jackson
- Michael Jackson
- Randy Jackson
- Rebbie Jackson
- Sigmund Esco Jackson, Jr.
- Stacee Brown
- Tito Jackson
- Taj Jackson
- TJ Jackson
- Taryll Jackson
- Yashi Brown
|Billboard R&B Singles chart||9|
|UK Singles Chart||76|
|Dutch Singles Chart||39|
- Kennedy, Gerrick D. (21 July 2012). "For fans, will the Jackson 4 add up?" – via LA Times.
- "2300 Jackson Street - The Jacksons - Songs, Reviews, Credits - AllMusic".
- Company, Johnson Publishing (25 September 1989). "Jet". Johnson Publishing Company – via Google Books.
- Company, Johnson Publishing (21 August 1989). "Jet". Johnson Publishing Company – via Google Books.
- Company, Johnson Publishing (30 June 2003). "Jet". Johnson Publishing Company – via Google Books.
- Jackson, Jermaine (14 August 2012). "You Are Not Alone: Michael: Through a Brother's Eyes". Simon and Schuster – via Google Books.
- Company, Johnson Publishing (20 February 1989). "Jet". Johnson Publishing Company – via Google Books.
|This 1980s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|