Promotional photo of MDFMK, 2000.
|Associated acts||KMFDM, KGC|
Due to differences between some of KMFDM's members about the band's future, KMFDM disbanded in 1999. Sascha Konietzko and Skold continued working together under the name MDFMK. Konietzko was living in New York at the time, and auditioned female singers to provide vocals for the album. Through this process, he selected Lucia Cifarelli (formerly of the band Drill). The trio released just one album: MDFMK (2000, Universal Records). All three shared vocal duties on the album. Their song "Missing Time" was used in the animated movie, Heavy Metal 2000.
Konietzko stated in 2003 that there was material for what he called "MDFMK #2", but that Universal Records was "sitting on it". He also said that if Universal never released the material, he would eventually get the rights to it and release it himself.
- MDFMK (March 28, 2000)
- Gravity Games 2000: Summer Sounds, Vol. 1 (2000)
- Heavy Metal 2000 (2000)
- "KMFDM Side Projects". KMFDM.net. KMFDM Enterprises. Retrieved March 26, 2010.
- Moss, Corey (May 4, 2000). "MDFMK Prepare For Sonic Assault Of U.S.". MTV Networks. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- "Lost in a Supermarket: KMFDM Interview". Retrieved February 23, 2010.
- Curry, Chris (November 1, 2003). "MK Magazine Interviews: KMFDM". MK Magazine. Retrieved July 12, 2012.