This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Adam Seth Blaustein
October 9, 1960
Long Island, New York, United States
|Died||December 13, 2008
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
|Cause of death||Acute stomach failure|
|Other names||Madeleine Joan Blaustein
|Occupation||Voice actress, comics creator|
|Notable credit(s)||Pokémon as Meowth|
Madeleine Joan "Maddie" Blaustein (also credited as Addie Blaustein and Adam Blaustein; October 9, 1960 – December 13, 2008) was an American voice actress and comics writer. She was known for her voice acting work for 4Kids Entertainment, DuArt Film and Video and NYAV Post, and for comics written for Milestone Comics.
In the late 1980s Blaustein worked for Marvel Comics, as an editor (several issues each of Web of Spider-Man, Marvel Tales, and Marvel Saga) as a writer (several issues of Conan the King), and penciling a one-shot of Power Pachyderms. She wrote assorted comics published by DC Comics in the early 1990s, including a few for the Impact Comics imprint and TSR line. For Milestone Media, she cowrote with Yves Fezzani several issues each of Hardware and Static, and (credited as Addie Blaustein) the 1994 limited series Deathwish, whose protagonist was a character created by Blaustein: a transgender female police officer named Marissa Rahm.
Blaustein was a voice actress at 4Kids Entertainment, where she worked on the English dub version of the Pokémon anime. She provided "filler" voices for various characters until episode #29, when she was given the role of Meowth, who she played through season 8. She also voiced Sartorius in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and Solomon Muto (Sugoroku Mutou) in the Yu-Gi-Oh! second series anime. She voiced Chef Kawasaki in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, Doctor Kureha in One Piece, and Arngrim, Lawfer, and Lezard in Valkyrie Profile. She performed a wide variety of voices. For example, in Valkyrie Profile, she performed a very "tough" masculine voice (Arngrim), as well as a high-class one (Lawfer), and the somewhat androgynous voice of a mad scientist/sorcerer (Lezard Valeth). During the 2004 Democratic Party primaries, she voiced Sméagol on the Mike Malloy Show, announcing a satirical presidential bid.
Beginning in 2004 under the pseudonym Kendra Bancroft, Blaustein was a content creator on the Second Life platform, earning a reputation as an innovative, competent, and reliable 3-D modeller in the communities where she participated.
Blaustein was born the second oldest of 5 children in Long Island, New York. She was assigned male at birth with the name Adam. She lived as her assigned gender before transitioning to female in the 1990s. Her experience as an activist in the transgender community helped her to organize and support groups of people in Second Life.
- Cubix – Dr. K, The Mayor
- Cutie Honey (live action movie) – Sister Jill
- Dinosaur King – Helga (Season 1)
- Domain of Murder – Detective Shimizu
Fighting Foodons- King Hungry The Ate, Dia's mother, Burnt Meatballs, Oslo, Spaghetti-About it, Pound Cake, Pudding Pie
- G.I. Joe: Sigma 6 - Overkill
- Huntik: Secrets & Seekers – Rassimov
- Impy's Island – Shoe the Shoebill
- Impy's Wonderland – Shoe the Shoebill
- Kirby: Right Back At Ya! – Chef Kawasaki, Waddle Doo
- Mutant Rampage Bodyslam – L. Wolf Jam
- Pokémon – Meowth, additional voices
- Pokémon Chronicles – Meowth
- Pokémon: The First Movie – Meowth
- Pokémon: The Movie 2000 – Meowth
- Pokémon 3: The Movie – Meowth
- Pokémon: Mewtwo Returns – Meowth
- Pokémon 4Ever – Meowth
- Pokémon Heroes – Meowth
- Pokémon: Jirachi Wish Maker – Meowth
- Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys – Meowth
- Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew – Meowth
- Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy – Wally Tusket, Mrs. Tusket, Dorothy Tusket, Comrade Turbinski, Lord Flash/Warsman
- One Piece – Dr. Kureha (4Kids dub)
- Samurai Deeper Kyo – Migeira
- Shadow Hearts – Li Zhuzhen, Colonel Hyuga
- Slayers Try – Jillas Jillos Jilles
- The Little Panda Fighter – Grizzlepuss
- Valkyrie Profile – Arngrim, Barbarossa, Lawfer, Lezard Valeth
- Viva Piñata – Corinna
- Vampirina – Vampirina
- Wild Cardz - King
- Yu-Gi-Oh! – Solomon Muto (Yugi's Grandfather)
- Deathwish – Milestone Comics, 4-issue miniseries, with Yves Fezzani
- Hardware – Milestone Comics, The Hunt for Deathwish with Yves Fezzani
- Static – Milestone Comics, with Yves Fezzani
- "Madeleine S. Blaustein - 'Adam S. Blaustein' - Comic Book DB". www.comicbookdb.com. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "GCD :: Issue :: Power Pachyderms #1". Comics.org. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Ask Maddie Blaustein - Q&A with Meowth". www.serebiiforums.com. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
-  Archived December 14, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- "New World Notes". Nwn.blogs.com. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- Greenberger, Robert (2008-12-18). "Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008". ComicMix. Retrieved 2017-01-24.
- "United States Social Security Death Index". Familysearch.org. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
Adam Blaustein, 11 December 2008; citing U.S. Social Security Administration, Death Master File, database (Alexandria, Virginia: National Technical Information Service, ongoing)
- "A Seeker Is Born". Huntik. Season 1. Episode 1.
- Madeleine Blaustein on IMDb
- Maddie Blaustein at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Interview with Maddie Blaustein from Trans-Ponder
- Maddie Blaustein at the English Voice Actor & Production Staff Database
- Former Marvel editor Christopher Priest on Blaustein's time at Marvel Comics
- Maddie Blaustein at Find a Grave
- Maddie Blaustein @ BehindTheVoiceActors