Makassar-class landing platform dock
|Preceded by:||Tanjung Dalpele|
|Cost:||USD$37.5 million ~ USD$45 million|
|Type:||Landing Platform Dock|
|Decks:||(Tank Deck); 6.7 meter,(Truck Deck); 11.3 meter|
|Range:||30 days, up to 10,000 Nm|
|Boats & landing
|2 x LCVP|
|Capacity:||up to 40 infantry vehicles|
|Complement:||accommodations up to 518 persons|
|Time to activate:||3|
|Aircraft carried:||5 helicopters|
|Aviation facilities:||Hangar for 2 Super Puma|
The Makassar class is a class of 4 Landing Platform Docks designed for the Indonesian Navy by Daesun Shipbuilding & Engineering Co. of South Korea and based on the earlier Tanjung Dalpele class. The US$150 million contract was signed in December 2004 and the first two units were built in Busan, South Korea. The remaining two were built at Indonesia's PT PAL shipyard in Surabaya with assistance from Daesun.
The contract for the 3rd and 4th LPD to be built in Indonesia was signed with PT PAL on March 28, 2005. On 19 October 2006, the first of the two Indonesian-built units, was laid down in a ceremony by Admiral Slamet Subiyanto, Chief of Staff, Indonesian Navy. The 3rd and 4th units had been designed to function as flagships with provisions for a command and control system, 57mm gun and air defense systems.
Besides Indonesia, the class of ship is being built for two other foreign customers:
The Peruvian Navy selected the Makassar class for the Buque Multipropósito program from Dae Sun Shipbuilding and Engineering Co. in 2012. First ship of the class was laid down in the SIMA Callao shipyard on July 13, 2013; A second unit is also planned.
The Philippine Navy selected a variant of the Makassar class design from PT PAL for its Strategic Sealift Vessel (SSV) programme following competitive bidding in 2013, and the contract for two units was signed on 23 January 2014. The first unit was laid down at Surabaya on 22 January 2015.
Ships of class
|KRI Banda Aceh||593||07-Dec-2007||19-Mar-2010||21-Mar-2011|
|BAP Paita||--||12-Jul-2013||2016 (projected)|
|BAP Pisco||--||planned||2017 (projected)|
|BRP Tarlac||601||22-Jan-2015||18-Jan-2016||Jul 2016 (projected)|
- Albion class
- Austin class
- Ōsumi class
- Foudre class
- Galicia class
- Rotterdam class
- San Giorgio class
- San Antonio class
- Type-071 (Yuzhao) class
- PT PAL (22 January 2015). "First Steel Cutting Strategic Sealift Vessel (SSV-1)Philippines".
- Taringa. "buque Multipropósito de la Clase Makassar Peru".
- "Daewoo International to Export 4 Warships to Indonesia".
- "PAL Indonesia gaining the ordered for 2 units Landing Platform Dock".
- Oficina de Prensa del Ministerio de Defensa (12 July 2013). "Ministro de Defensa participó en colocación de quilla de buque de ayuda humanitaria". Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- Jane's Information Group (16 Jul 2014). "Indonesia's PT PAL signs contract to supply strategic sealift vessels to the Philippines".
- "Launching Kapal Landing Platform Dock TNI AL".
- "KRI BANJARMASIN 592 Landing Platform Dock 125 Meter, Indonesia Nation Product".
- "Launching Landing Platform Dock 125m".
- Ridzwan Rahmat, Singapore - IHS Jane's Navy International (19 July 2014). "PT PAL cuts steel on first Philippine Navy sealift vessel".
- Antara News (5 June 2015). "PAL sudah 25% garap kapal perang Filipina".
- PT. PAL
- Makassar Class Landing Platform Docks, Indonesia
- Daesun Shipbuilding & Engineering Co.
- KAPAL PERANG JENIS LPD KRI MAKASSAR-590 TIBA DI SURABAYA
- PAL launches mily LPD ship
|This article about a specific naval ship or boat is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Indonesia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|