|Directed by||David Fincher|
|Written by||Jack Fincher|
|Edited by||Kirk Baxter|
Mank is an upcoming American biographical drama film about screenwriter Herman J. Mankiewicz, and his battles with director Orson Welles over screenplay credit for Citizen Kane (1941). The film is directed by David Fincher, based on a script written by his father Jack, with Gary Oldman in the title role. The film will be distributed by Netflix, and produced by Fincher, Ceán Chaffin, and Douglas Urbanski.
- Gary Oldman as Herman J. Mankiewicz
- Amanda Seyfried as Marion Davies
- Lily Collins as Rita Alexander
- Tuppence Middleton as Sara Mankiewicz
- Arliss Howard
- Charles Dance
- Adam Shapiro as George S. Kaufman
- Ferdinand Kingsley
- Jamie McShane
- Joseph Cross
- Sam Troughton
- Toby Leonard Moore
- Tom Burke as Orson Welles
- Tom Pelphrey as Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Jeff Harms as Ben Hecht
- Leven Rambin as Eve
It had been announced in July 2019 that David Fincher would direct the film, with Gary Oldman set to star. The screenplay was written by Fincher’s father Jack Fincher prior to his death in 2003. Additional casting was announced in October, with Amanda Seyfried, Lily Collins, Tuppence Middleton, Arliss Howard and Charles Dance among the new cast added. Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross will compose the film's score.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (July 10, 2019). "David Fincher, Gary Oldman Team On B&W 'Mank' At Netflix; Film On 'Citizen Kane' Writer Herman J. Mankiewicz Scripted By Fincher's Late Father Howard". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 1, 2019.
- N'Duka, Amanda (October 15, 2019). "'Mank': Amanda Seyfried, Lily Collins, 'Downton Abbey's Tuppence Middleton & More Join David Fincher Pic". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 1, 2019.
- "NINE INCH NAILS: 9 THINGS WE LEARNED FROM OUR VISIT TO TRENT REZNOR'S STUDIO". Revolver. December 23, 2019. Retrieved December 24, 2019.
- "Mank Production Listing". Retrieved November 1, 2019.