Media in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
This is a list of media in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
The following stations are those local to Prince Albert, as well as those outside the area that can be tuned in easily.
- Channel 8 CIPA-TV, CTV
- Cable 9 Citytv Saskatchewan
- Cable 10 Shaw TV, local community channel from Shaw Cable
Prince Albert was previously served by CKBI-TV channel 5, a private CBC Television outlet; this station would close down in 2002, with its transmitter becoming CBKST-9, a repeater of CBKST Saskatoon, which in turn was a semi-satellite of CBKT Regina. CBKST-9 closed down on July 31, 2012, due to budget cuts handed down by the CBC. CBC broadcasts continue to be received in the city via the network's national feed.
- Prince Albert Daily Herald
- Prince Albert Shopper
- Rural Roots
In February 2007, Prince Albert was selected as one of four cities in Saskatchewan to provide free-of-charge wireless Internet access. The free Internet access, made possible through the Government of Saskatchewan's " The Saskatchewan Connected Initiative", will be available to the City's downtown area, as well as the Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology (SIAST) Woodland Campus.
- Speaking notes for Hubert T. Lacroix regarding measures announced in the context of the Deficit Reduction Action Plan
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-384, July 17, 2012.
- "The Saskatchewan Connected Initiative". Province to provide free wireless internet access. Government of Saskatchewan. February 26, 2007. Retrieved May 22, 2009.