Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class (R172)
|Designer||Il-hun Yoon (2007, 2008)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Sports car (S)
|Body style||2-door retractable hardtop|
The third generation of Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class (series R172) was launched in Stuttgart in January 2011, with a subsequent public launch at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show, with international sales starting spring 2011. It is the successor of R171 series of roadsters which was originally launched in 2004.
The design follows the themes of both the first and second generations, but incorporating headlamp design from the 190 SL roadster from the 1950s, and front end inspired by Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupé and Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class Series 218.
"Edition 1" model includes special paint finish SHAPE in glacier grey, panoramic vario-roof, Dynamic Handling package, AMG bodystyling, two-tone designo nappa leather with contrasting topstitching, AIRSCARF, ambient lighting and more.
Orders began in from 17 January 2011, and arrived to dealer showrooms on 26 March 2011. Early models include SLK 200 BlueEFFICIENCY, SLK 250 BlueEFFICIENCY, SLK 350 BlueEFFICIENCY. US models went on sale in summer 2011 as 2012 model year vehicles.
For 2014 model year, minor changes were made to standard equipment, and AMG Sports package renamed to AMG Line.
Roadster Pure (2011-)
It is a version of SLK 200 BlueEFFICIENCY with 7-speed automatic transmission, panoramic vario-roof, and the multimedia system COMAND Online. 18-inch light-alloy wheels in 5-twin-spoke design, lowered sports suspension by 10 mm, LED daytime running lights, metallic paint and leather heated seats.
SLK 250 CDI (2011-)
It is the first version of SLK-class vehicle with diesel engine. Ordering of SLK 250 CDI began on 13 September 2011. Early models include 7G-TRONIC PLUS automatic transmission, followed by six-speed manual transmission models in the second quarter of 2012. A BlueEFFICIENCY version of the SLK 250 CDI with 6-speed manual transmission was added to the range in the spring of 2012. SLK 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY with 7-speed automatic transmission is sold in Germany and the UK.The dimensions of the car is : Length 4134mm, Width 1817mm, Height 1303mm, Wheelbase 2430mm .
SLK 55 AMG (2012-)
It is powered by the M152 engine, rated 421 PS (310 kW; 415 hp) @ 6,800rpm and 540 N·m (398 lb·ft) @ 4,500rpm, and equipped with AMG cylinder management, start/stop function, sports exhaust system with integrated exhaust flaps, AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 7G-TRONIC automatic transmission, AMG sports suspension with torque vectoring brakes and AMG direct-steer system, 3-stage ESP, ventilated and perforated brake discs on all wheels with 360 x 36 mm front and 330 x 22 mm rear brake discs.
The third generation continues with the two-piece metal folding roof known as a Vario Roof, which includes a choice of a roof painted in the vehicle colour, a panoramic vario-roof with dark-tinted windows, or the panoramic vario-roof with MAGIC SKY CONTROL, which contains glass roof that can be switched to light or dark.
|SLK 200 BlueEFFICIENCY||2011-||1,796 cc (110 cu in) I4 turbo (M 271 DE 18 AL)||184 PS (135 kW; 181 hp)@5250||250 N·m (184 lb·ft)@1800-4600|
|SLK 250 BlueEFFICIENCY||2011-||1,796 cc (110 cu in) I4 turbo (M 271 DE 18 AL)||204 PS (150 kW; 201 hp)@5500||310 N·m (229 lb·ft)@2000-4300|
|SLK 350 BlueEFFICIENCY||2011-||3,498 cc (213 cu in) V6 (M 276 DE 35)||306 PS (225 kW; 302 hp)@6500||370 N·m (273 lb·ft)@3500-5250|
|SLK 55 AMG||2012-||5,461 cc (333 cu in) V8 (M 152 DE 55)||421 PS (310 kW; 415 hp)@6800||540 N·m (398 lb·ft)@4500|
|SLK 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY||2012-||2,143 cc (131 cu in) 16V I4 2-stage turbo (OM 651 DE 22 LA)||204 PS (150 kW; 201 hp)@4200||500 N·m (369 lb·ft)@1600-1800|
ECO start/stop is included for all engine models.
|SLK 200 BlueEFFICIENCY||2011-||6-speed manual, 7-speed automatic (7G-TRONIC PLUS)|
|SLK 250 BlueEFFICIENCY||2011-||6-speed manual, 7-speed automatic (7G-TRONIC PLUS)|
|SLK 350 BlueEFFICIENCY||2011-||7-speed automatic (7G-TRONIC PLUS)|
|SLK 55 AMG||2012-||7-speed automatic (AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS)|
|SLK 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY||2012-||6-speed manual, 7-speed automatic (7G-TRONIC PLUS)|
|Model||Years||0-100 km/h (62 mph)
|Top speed||Emissions CO2|
|SLK 200||2011–||7.3||239 km/h (149 mph)||158 g/km|
|SLK 250 CDI automatic||2011–||6.7||243 km/h (151 mph)||132 g/km|
|SLK 250 automatic||2011–||6.6||243 km/h (151 mph)||153 g/km|
|SLK 350 automatic||2011–||5.6||249 km/h (155 mph) (electronically limited)||167 g/km|
|SLK 55 AMG automatic||2012–||4.1||280 km/h (170 mph) (electronically limited)||195 g/km|
- 21 May 2010 (2010-05-21). "Autocar 21 May 2010". Autocar.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- Michael Harley (3 February 2011). "2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK Roadster unwrapped in Stuttgart". Autoblog.
- "Geneva motor show 2011 - Mercedes-Benz SLK". What Car?. 28 February 2011. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "Car and Driver January 2011". Caranddriver.com. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "The new Mercedes-Benz SLK Roadster: Passion meets efficiency - Daimler Global Media Site > Brands & Products > Mercedes-Benz Cars > Mercedes-Benz Passenger Cars > SLK > as of 2011". daimler.com. 16 February 2011.
- "The latest on the C- and E-Class and the SLK: Bestsellers on top form - Daimler Global Media Site > Brands & Products > Mercedes-Benz Cars > Mercedes-Benz Passenger Cars > C-Class > Sedan > Previous Model > 2011-2013". daimler.com. 27 March 2014.
- "Mercedes-Benz details new variable-displacement V8 for SLK55 AMG". Autoblog. 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2011-07-24.
- "The new SLK 55 AMG: Top marks in all disciplines - Daimler Global Media Site > Brands & Products > Mercedes-Benz Cars > Mercedes-AMG > SLK > as of 2011". daimler.com. 7 October 2014.
- "2012 Mercedes Benz SLK 55 AMG". AUSmotive.com. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- Tuesday, March 01, 2011 (2011-03-01). "Autocar 13 January 2011". Autocar.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- K.C. COLWELL. "2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG". caranddriver.com.
- The new Mercedes-Benz SLK: Passion meets efficiency
- The new SLK 55 AMG: Top marks in all disciplines