|Body and chassis|
|Class||Subcompact executive car (C)|
The Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class is a series of subcompact executive cars manufactured by Mercedes-Benz since 2013. The first generation was a four-door fastback based on the platform of the W176 A-Class and W246 B-Class compact cars, marketed as a four-door coupé. In 2015, Mercedes-Benz expanded the CLA family to include the Shooting Brake, a station wagon configuration. As the V177 A-Class sedan took its place as the budget-conscious sedan, the second generation got longer and wider than the W205 C-Class.
The CLA is Mercedes-Benz' first ever front-wheel drive sedan and the first front-wheel drive vehicle offered by the manufacturer in the U.S. market. The CLA range is positioned above the A-Class but below the C-Class in the Mercedes model range, and models tend to be less practical than the A-Class it is based on.
The CLA first went on sale in Europe in April 2013, and was subsequently introduced in the United States in September 2013. Its largest markets are Western Europe and the United States. Global cumulative CLA sales reached 100,000 during its first year, cited as "our best launch in 20 years" by Mercedes-Benz. Worldwide, Mercedes-Benz sold about 750,000 units of the first generation.
- 1 First generation (C117; 2013–2019)
- 1.1 Development and launch
- 1.2 Initial release
- 1.3 Engines
- 1.4 AMG models
- 1.5 Production
- 1.6 Safety
- 2 Second generation (C118; 2019–present)
- 3 Marketing
- 4 Reception
- 5 References
- 6 External links
First generation (C117; 2013–2019)
|Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class (C117)|
|Designer||Mark Fetherston; Robert Lešnik (2010)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Subcompact executive car (C)|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Layout||FF/F4 layout (4matic)|
|Related||Mercedes-Benz A-Class (W176)|
Mercedes-Benz B-Class (W246)
|Engine||1.5L diesel I4 Turbo |
1.6L Gasoline I4 Turbo
2.0L Gasoline I4 Twin-scroll Turbo
2.1L Diesel I4 Turbo
|Wheelbase||2,699 mm (106.3 in)|
|Length||4,630 mm (182.3 in)|
|Width||1,777 mm (70.0 in)|
|Height||1,437 mm (56.6 in)|
|Curb weight||1,430–1,540 kg (3,153–3,395 lb)|
Development and launch
The design of the C117 CLA-Class is based on the Concept Style Coupe concept unveiled by Mercedes-Benz at the 2012 Avant/Garde Diaries event in Los Angeles, followed by the 2012 Auto China, and Huashan 1914 Creative Park. It is a four-door fastback coupe, based on the platform of the W176 A-Class and W246 B-Class compact cars. The production version C117 CLA was publicly unveiled at the 2013 North American International Auto Show, with sales commencing in September 2013.
Mercedes claimed that the C117 would be the most aerodynamic production vehicle on sale with a Cd=0.23, beating the previous most-aerodynamic, the Tesla Model S with Cd=0.24. The CLA 180 CDI Blue Efficiency was claimed to be even more aerodynamic with a Cd=0.22. However, independent measurement by Car And Driver Magazine in May 2014 bore out Tesla's claim by exactly confirming a drag coefficient of Cd=0.24, putting Mercedes' claim into question by measuring the CLA at Cd=0.30. The test done by Car And Driver was in turn criticized for being imprecise as to which model variant of the CLA was tested by Car And Driver and which variant was advertised featuring a Cd=0.23.
The C117 CLA was at the time the most affordable Mercedes-Benz vehicle offered for sale in the United States, with a base price of $29,900 (2014). This undercut the C-Class, the vehicle it replaced as the entry-level sedan in Mercedes-Benz line-up of cars, which started at $38,200 (2014). The C117 CLA was also the first front-wheel drive vehicle ever offered by Mercedes-Benz in the U.S. market.
The 2015 model included updated infotainment with a bigger central screen and an updated head unit with iPhone interface as standard, Collision Prevention Assist Plus autonomous braking made standard and an extra 5 kW for the CLA 220 CDI. Furthermore, the 2016 model brought Carplay as an option to the CLA. A facelift was introduced for the CLA model range in 2017, offering new restyled headlights and restyled taillights with available bold LED lighting.
CLA Edition 1 (2013–2014)
Available in CLA 180, CLA 200, CLA 250, CLA 220 CDI, they are versions of the respective CLA-class vehicles with choice of 5 body colours (mountain grey, cosmos black, night black, cirrus white or designo polar silver magno (expected to be available from the third quarter of 2013)), AMG front and rear aprons, AMG side sill panels, black painted multi-spoke AMG light-alloy wheels, diamond radiator grille with black fin and chrome inserts, bi-xenon headlamps, lowered sports suspension, exclusive NEON ART interior, sports seats upholstered in leather and black microfibre DINAMICA with yellow stitching, instrument panel and the beltlines upholstered in ARTICO man-made leather with yellow stitching, trim elements in aluminium with a light longitudinal grain, a 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel with a flattened bottom section and perforations in the grip area. The vehicles went on sale for the twelve months after the launch of CLA-class vehicles.
CLA 180 BlueEFFICIENCY Edition (2013–)
It is a version of CLA 180 with reduced fuel consumption. Drag coefficient value was reduced to 0.22 via low A-pillar shoulder with adapted A-pillar geometry, aerodynamically optimised exterior mirror housings and rear shape, optimised diffuser, optimised underbody and rear axle panelling, radiator shutter, aero wheel trims and serrated wheel spoilers on the front and rear wheel arches. The vehicle was set to go on sale in September 2013.
Mercedes-Benz Sport Equipment CLA 200 concept (2013)
It is a version of Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 demonstrating Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH equipment for CLA-Class vehicles. It included "Road & Track" decal kit (number '1' decal at front door and hood, decorative stripe in red/grey runs along the centre of the car), carbon fibre-style exterior mirror housings, front apron spoiler lip and rear spoiler; red-painted brake callipers, Styling Package Night (black window surrounds, black shoulderline trip strips), 18-inch two-tone 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels in matt black with red rim flange, Sport badge at front wings, illuminated door sill panels with Sport lettering, a leather sports steering wheel, sports pedals in brushed stainless steel, Sport floor mats Drive Kit Plus. The vehicles were unveiled in 2013 Frankfurt International Motor Show.
Shooting Brake (2015–)
Mercedes-Benz announced the CLA Shooting Brake at the 2014 LA Auto Show, which is a five-door station wagon version of the CLA sedan. It measure in at the same length as the CLA sedan and also share the same wheelbase. It was not sold in the United States.
The only visual changes start from the B-pillar, which provides more headroom in the backseat area. It also provides more boot space than the sedan, 470 litres to 495 litres, while folding the rear seats flat frees a usable 1354 litres. The Shooting Brake has worse fuel economy than the sedan due to the slight kerb weight increase and the drag coefficient increasing from Cd=0.23 to Cd=0.26.
All CLA-Class models are powered by four-cylinder engines, including a choice of 1.6 L and 2.0 L gasoline, and 3 diesels, a 1.5L a 1.8 L and a 2.2 L. Most of the engines come in a range of different states of tuning, and all include a stop-start facility.
|Model||Years||Type/code||Power@rpm||Torque@rpm||Emissions CO2 (g/km)||0-60 mph Acceleration (Conservative)|
|CLA 180||2013–||1,595 cc (97.3 cu in) I4 turbo (M 270 DE 16 AL red.)||122 PS (90 kW; 120 hp)@5000||200 N⋅m (148 lbf⋅ft)@1250–4000||126–130||9.3 sec|
|CLA 180 BlueEFFICIENCY Edition||2013–||1,595 cc (97.3 cu in) I4 turbo (M 270 DE 16 AL red.)||122 PS (90 kW; 120 hp)@5000||200 N⋅m (148 lbf⋅ft)@1250–4000||118||8.7 sec|
|CLA 200||2013–||1,595 cc (97.3 cu in) I4 turbo (M 270 DE 16 AL)||156 PS (115 kW; 154 hp)@5000||250 N⋅m (184 lbf⋅ft)@1250–4000||127–131||8.5 sec|
|CLA 250||2013–||1,991 cc (121.5 cu in) I4 turbo (M 270 DE 20 AL)||211 PS (155 kW; 208 hp)@5500||350 N⋅m (258 lbf⋅ft)@1200–4000||142–144||6.9 sec|
|CLA 250 4MATIC||2013–||1,991 cc (121.5 cu in) I4 turbo (M 270 DE 20 AL)||211 PS (155 kW; 208 hp)@5500||350 N⋅m (258 lbf⋅ft)@1200–4000||?||6.9 sec|
|CLA 45 AMG||2013–2015||1,991 cc (121.5 cu in) I4 twin-scroll turbo (M 133 DE 20 AL)||360 PS (265 kW; 355 hp)@6000||450 N⋅m (332 lbf⋅ft)@2250–5000||161–165||4.4 sec|
|AMG CLA 45 4MATIC||2016–||1,991 cc (121.5 cu in) I4 twin-scroll turbo (M 133 DE 20 AL)||381 PS (280 kW; 376 hp)@6000||475 N⋅m (350 lbf⋅ft)@2250–5000||171–162||4.1 sec|
|Model||Years||Type/code||Power@rpm||Torque@rpm||Emissions CO2 (g/km)|
|CLA 180 CDI||2013||1,461 cc (89.2 cu in) I4 turbo (OM 607 DE 15 LA)||109 PS (80 kW; 108 hp)@4000||260 N⋅m (192 lbf⋅ft)@1750–2500||98–108|
|CLA 180 CDI BlueEfficiency Edition||2016-||1,461 cc (89.2 cu in) I4 turbo (OM 607 DE 15 LA)||109 PS (80 kW; 108 hp)@4000||260 N⋅m (192 lbf⋅ft)@1750–2500||89 (CLA), 94 (Shooting Brake)|
|CLA 200 CDI||2013–2014||1,796 cc (109.6 cu in) I4 turbo (OM 651 DE 18 LA)||136 PS (100 kW; 134 hp)@3600–4000||300 N⋅m (221 lbf⋅ft)@1600–3000||?|
|CLA 200 CDI||2014–||2,143 cc (130.8 cu in) I4 turbo (OM 651 DE 22 LA)||136 PS (100 kW; 134 hp)@3200–4000||300 N⋅m (221 lbf⋅ft)@1400–3000||?|
|CLA 220 CDI||2013–2014||2,143 cc (130.8 cu in) I4 turbo (OM 651 DE 22 LA)||170 PS (125 kW; 168 hp)@3400–4000||350 N⋅m (258 lbf⋅ft)@1400–3400||109–117|
|CLA 220 CDI||2014–||2,143 cc (130.8 cu in) I4 turbo (OM 651 DE 22 LA)||177 PS (130 kW; 175 hp)@3400–4000||350 N⋅m (258 lbf⋅ft)@1400–3400||?|
|CLA 180||2013–||six-speed manual, seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
|CLA 180 BlueEFFICIENCY Edition||2013–||six-speed manual|
|CLA 200||2013–||six-speed manual, seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
|CLA 250||2013–||seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
|CLA 250 4MATIC||2013–||seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
|AMG CLA 45 4MATIC||2013–||seven-speed sports (AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT)|
|CLA 180 CDI||2013–||six-speed manual, seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
|CLA 200 CDI||2013–||six-speed manual, seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
|CLA 220 CDI||2013–||seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
The 7G-DCT transmission includes electric activation of the hydraulics for the parking lock, which is locked by mechanical means; three gearshift programs (ECONOMY, SPORT, MANUAL). 7G-DCT transmission option became available for CLA 180 in June 2013, followed by CLA 200 CDI in September 2013.
Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 (2013–)
The Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 (previously Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG) is a current high-performance model of the CLA-Class from Mercedes-AMG. The car shares its drivetrain with the A45 AMG, and it features an AMG M133 2.0-litre four-cylinder twin-scroll turbocharged petrol engine, 4MATIC all wheel drive, SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed transmission with paddle shifters, AMG sports suspension with independently developed front and rear axles, electromechanical AMG speed-sensitive sports steering, AMG high-performance braking system, three-stage ESP with "SPORT Handling" mode. Other features include AMG "twin-blade" radiator grille in matt titanium grey, AMG front fascia with front splitter in matt titanium grey, Large side cooling air intakes with black flics, Side sill panels with inserts in matt titanium grey, "TURBO AMG" lettering on front wing, AMG rear fascia with stylised side air outlet openings, Rear diffuser insert with trim in matt titanium grey, AMG sports exhaust system with two rectangular chrome-plated tailpipe trims featuring twin-tailpipe design, Bi-xenon headlamps, Tail lights with LED technology, Red seat belts, sports seats in ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA microfibre with red contrasting topstitching and red seat belts, the multifunction sports steering wheel with shift paddles, and the AMG DRIVE UNIT with E-SELECT lever, instrument panel trim in brushed aluminium and five galvanised ventilation outlets, central colour display incorporates the AMG main menu including RACETIMER.
The AMG M133 2.0 twin-scroll turbocharged 4-cylinder found in the range-topping CLA 45 AMG is the world’s most powerful production 4-cylinder engine. The engine produces 350hp and 475nm from a two-liter engine, and the completing of 0-100 is claimed to be achieved in 4.3 seconds.
For the 2016 year model, Mercedes-AMG increased the horsepower of the CLA 45. It now has 375 hp @ 6,000 rpm which sprints the car from 0–60 in only 4.1 seconds compared to the previous 4.4 seconds on 355 hp. New features that were added include AMG DYNAMIC SELECT and an introduction to AMG DYNAMIC PLUS package which brings enhanced acceleration, suspension, and transmission.
CLA 45 AMG Edition 1 (2014)
Edition 1 model includes Night package, red accents on the radiator grille and exterior mirrors, and AMG sports stripes in matt graphite grey above the side sill panels; optional Intelligent Light System includes red accents on the headlamps, AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels in matt black with special AMG hub caps featuring a centre-locking look, red brake callipers, 8 x 19 alloy wheels with 235/35 R 19 tyres, spoiler lip in high-gloss black on the boot lid, choice of 2 standard (cirrus white, night black) and 4 optional (cosmos black metallic, mountain grey metallic, polar silver metallic, designo polar silver magno) body colours.
CLA 45 AMG Racing Series (2013)
The vehicles is a race car version of CLA 45 AMG for the CLA 45 AMG Racing Series, with carbon-fiber reinforced plastics doors. The vehicle was unveiled in 2013 Frankfurt International Motor Show.
|Euro NCAP test results|
|Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 “Urban” (2013)|
The CLA-Class achieved the best possible rating of five stars for occupant safety, pedestrian protection and assistance systems in the demanding Euro NCAP assessment scheme. The CLA comes standard with a number of safety systems like Collision Prevention Assist, Attention Assist, Adaptive braking technology, Daytime Running Lamps and Rain-sensing windshield wipers. The CLA also received three "Euro NCAP Advanced" rewards for these safety innovations, including the radar-assisted second-generation Collision Prevention Assist, the Attention Assist drowsiness detection system and the anticipatory occupant protection system Pre-Safe (optional equipment). Mercedes-Benz upgraded the safety systems for the 2015 CLA with even more of the latest technology, this includes the Collision Prevention Assist Plus, which helps to reduce the risk of rear-end collisions, and also upgraded the Attention Assist and Traffic Sign Assist (with Speed Limit Assist) systems.
Second generation (C118; 2019–present)
|Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class (C118)|
Mercedes-Benz CLA 180d
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Subcompact executive car (C)|
|Wheelbase||2,729 mm (107.4 in)|
|Length||4,688 mm (184.6 in)|
|Width||1,830 mm (72.0 in)|
|Height||1,439 mm (56.7 in)|
The second generation CLA-Class was unveiled at the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show in January 2019. Based on the same Modular Front Architecture (MFA2) platform as the W117 A-Class, the C118 CLA-Class retains the fastback styling to set it apart from the V177 A-Class Sedan. It is expected to share its powertrains with the A-Class. Stylistically, the design is inspired by the new design language Mercedes-Benz adopted for the C257 CLS-Class.
The C118 has an almost completely flat underbody, resulting in a drag coefficient as low as 0.23. It uses front MacPherson struts in combination with either a twist beam or multi-link at the rear, and the option of adaptive dampers. Compared to its predecessor, the C118 is 48 mm (1.9 in) longer, 53 mm (2.1 in) wider and loses 2 mm (0.1 in) in height, while its wheelbase has been extended by 30 mm (1.2 in).
All models feature the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) infotainment system, including the "Hey Mercedes" voice-controlled assistant and a new Interior Assist gesture control system. Standard models feature two 7-inch displays for the instrument cluster and MBUX screen, and can be upgraded to 10.25-inch screens, a full-color head-up display, adaptive cruise control, active steering assist, and active brake assist.
The X118 CLA Shooting Brake was unveiled at the 2019 Geneva Auto Show. It has 505 litres of boot space, 10 l more than the outgoing model and 45 l more than the standard CLA. Like its predecessor, the CLA Shooting Brake has a drag coefficient of 0.26. However, the CLA Shooting Brake will not be sold in United States and Australia.
As part of the first generation CLA-Class US product launch, a television commercial featuring Kate Upton was produced for, and premiered during the 4th quarter of Super Bowl XLVII. Additional commercials titled 'Dishes', 'Jukebox', 'Sundae' were premiered during Super Bowl XLVII. A TV commercial titled 'Soul', featuring a devil played by Willem Dafoe was also premiered during Super Bowl XLVII.
In a promotional campaign under the slogan "Untamed. The new CLA", a TV commercial titled 'Wolf' asks how it is possible to stand out from the crowd, when so many others are also striving for individuality – the answer is provided by the new CLA. The commercial was premiered until mid-March 2013 on all major German TV channels. The print materials show the 'style rebel' from a range of perspectives, which had appeared until mid-April 2013 in high-circulation news and business magazines, specialist motoring publications and special interest media under headings such as "Form: non-conformist" or "Untamed".
The #Untamed was launched in February 2013, a digital photo installation inspired by the new Mercedes-Benz CLA, for which Mercedes-Benz will be exploiting the power of the popular social media photo platform Instagram. Users could to go to www.untamed-installation.com and upload the most unusual images from their personal Instagram photo stream to the multivdevice-compatible CLA campaign website. On the homepage, participants can see how individual their photos are, and the extent to which they stand out from the images captured by other participants. In accordance with the central theme of "The natural enemy of the ordinary", participants are encouraged to break free from the constraints of convention and demonstrate their creativity. A poster of the personal pictures can then be downloaded, sent by email or shared with friends via Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Began in April 2013, these personal photos were digitally reworked and, together with the CLA, incorporated into an actual photo installation, to be presented to an international audience in Paris.
The CLA-Class has been a controversial vehicle among Mercedes-Benz fans in North America due to its many differences from other Mercedes-Benz models. In contrast to most Mercedes models sold in the U.S., the CLA is small, based on a front-wheel drive platform, and powered exclusively by four-cylinder engines. Labeled by Mercedes-Benz as a new "gateway" into the Mercedes-Benz brand with sales "beyond our optimistic expectations", Consumer Reports rated the CLA as "140% worse than the average car" in the 2014 Annual Auto Reliability Survey.
Despite the criticism, the CLA received praise worldwide from professional reviewers. The price, which starts from $30,000, has been the highlight for many reviewers. The front-wheel drive has been praised for giving the CLA a better fuel economy, which gives especially the CLA 250 a 26 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the road. The performance has also been praised, with 208 hp, the CLA 250 sprints to 60 mph in 6.9 seconds. The coupe-like handling has been praised, which has been described as "quick and direct". The interior has been praised for making the CLA a more "youthful choice". Though the CLA is an entry level car, professional reviewers agree that it still looks and feels like a proper Mercedes.
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Spy Photos News – Car & Driver (Retrieved 2012-09-23)
- "Wraps come off new Mercedes CLA Shooting Brake". Auto Express.
- "Sales milestone for Mercedes-Benz: More than 100,000 CLA worldwide now in customer hands". daimler.com. 28 August 2014.
- Brandon Turkus. "Mercedes calls CLA 'best launch in 20 years' as it warns dealers of tight supplies". Autoblog.
- Kable, Greg (February 4, 2013). "Fresh Signature". Autoweek. 63 (3): 4–5.
- Michael Harley. "Mercedes-Benz Concept Style Coupe shows up at Transmission LA: AV Club". Autoblog.
- "Official world premiere at Auto China in Beijing: Mercedes Concept Style Coupé: the style rebel". daimler.com. 23 April 2012.
- "Mercedes-Benz Concept Style Coupe makes Debut in Taiwan – THE AVANT/GARDE DIARIES TAIPEI: A-MIT and Young Artists Dialogue with Asia and the World". daimler.com. 23 October 2012.
- "Mercedes-Benz at NAIAS – World premiere of the new E-Class: Barrage of New Products for 2013 in Detroit". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- Bruno R. "AutoMonthly, we got all the news of the auto industry, including trucks, bikes and buses: Mercedes presents the CLA in just four weeks. Engines revealed!". automonthly.blogspot.pt.
- "The diesel engines: From the S-Class to the CLA-Class". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "Six new models join the A, B and CLA-Class: New engines and more traction". daimler.com. 6 October 2014.
- "Mercedes-Benz CLA officially revealed". Evo. 14 January 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Untamed. The new CLA". mercedes-benz.com.
- "Aero Comparo! Tesla Model S vs Volt, Prius, Leaf, Mercedes CLA". YouTube. 6 June 2014.
- "Mercedes-Benz CLA Drag Coefficient Allegedly Bested by Tesla Model S". autoevolution.com. 2 February 2017.
- "2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class MSRP". NadaGuides.com.
- "CLA the new Mercedes-Benz baby sedan". Drive.
- Richard Hammond. "Mercedes CLA's £25,000 price tag aimed at younger drivers looking for luxury". mirror.
- "2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class MSRP". NadaGuides.com.
- Simonds, Richard; Anderson, Gary. "The Evolution of Mercedes-Benz Modular Front-Wheel-Drive Architecture – The A, B & CLA Classe". Mercedes-Benz Club of America. Retrieved July 4, 2017.
- "New features for model year 2015: The CLA is now even more attractive". daimler.com. 26 November 2014.
- "CarPlay Available Models". apple.com.
- "Mercedes Benz CLA Edition 1: Exclusivity from the very beginning". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "CLA 180 BlueEFFICIENCY Edition with emissions of only 118 g CO2 per kilometre: CLA-Class receives its Environmental Certificate". daimler.com. 26 June 2013.
- Chris Paukert. "Mercedes-Benz CLA gets personal". Autoblog.
- "Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class establishes new segment: Sleek as they come" (Press release). Daimler AG. 14 January 2013. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "The diesel engines: From the S-Class to the CLA-Class" (Press release). Daimler AG. 6 March 2013. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "The transmissions: Shifting comfort combined with efficiency". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "On track of CLS and Co.: 2013: premiere for CLA and CLA 45 AMG". daimler.com. 13 December 2012.
- "Mercedes-Benz at the 83rd Geneva Motor Show 2013: Efficient performance in all classes". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "Mercedes-Benz at the 2013 NYIAS – reinforcement for the product offensive: Five new models for the record-breaking U.S. market". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Confirmed For New York Auto Show Debut". The Motor Report. 6 February 2013. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "A 45 AMG and CLA 45 AMG: Top marks in all disciplines: Exciting introduction to the world of AMG". daimler.com. 14 June 2013.
- "2016 AMG CLA45 4-Door Coupe". mbusa.com. 16 November 2015.
- "More power! 2016 Mercedes-AMG CLA45, GLA45 goosed to 375 hp". autoweek.com. 14 July 2015.
- "Increased output, enhanced driving dynamics, greater individuality: New Mercedes-AMG compact models now available to order". daimler.com. 14 July 2015.
- "Design and equipment: Dynamic spirit and boundless individuality". daimler.com. 12 June 2013.
- Brandon Turkus. "Mercedes CLA45 AMG Racing is ready for a spot on the grid". Autoblog.
- Jeffrey N. Ross. "Mercedes-Benz expanding Hungarian plant to support B-Class, CLA production". Autoblog.
- "First Mercedes-Benz CLA Rolls off the Production Line". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "Production: A new car from a new factory". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "Euro NCAP results for Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 "Urban"" (PDF). euroncap.com. 2013.
- "Aerodynamic 2015 Mercedes CLA-Class is still top of its class for safety". torquenews.com.
- Zach Bowman. "Mercedes-Benz to go back to Super Bowl with CLA and model Kate Upton". Autoblog.
- "Kate Upton on Prepping for Her Mercedes-Benz Super Bowl Ad: "I Eat What I Want! Just Kidding"". Vanity Fair.
- geoclicks. "Mercedes Benz Teases Super Bowl 2013 Commercial". Super Bowl Commercials.
- geoclicks. "Scooped – Mercedes Benz 2013 Commercial featuring Willem Dafoe, Kate Upton and Usher". Super Bowl Commercials.
- geoclicks. "Mercedes 2013 Super Bowl Commercial: Soul". Super Bowl Commercials.
- ""Untamed. The new CLA": Mercedes-Benz launches extensive promotional campaign around the CLA". daimler.com.
- "Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. presents Driveclub for the newly announced Playstation 4: Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG and A 45 AMG in new Driveclub™ racing game". daimler.com. 20 December 2013.
- "Mercedes CLA Declared a Sales Success". Insider Car News.
- Stephen Edelstein. "2014 Mercedes CLA: Smallest Benz Sees Sky-High Demand". Green Car Reports.
- Diana T. Kurylko. "Mercedes aims for 30,000 CLA sales". Automotive News.
- Viknesh Vijayenthiran. "CLA-Class Sales Come In At Double Mercedes-Benz's Expectation". Motor Authority.
- "Consumer Reports: Mercedes Benz CLA Worst Car In Lineup". Business Insider. 28 October 2014.
- "2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class: 5 Reasons to Buy – AutoTrader". YouTube. 8 April 2014.
- "AutoGuide.com 2014 Car of the Year Finalist No. 5 – Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class". AutoGuide.com News. 6 December 2013.
- "Ten Reasons Mercedes's CLA Is Potent Weapon Against BMW: Review". Bloomberg.com. Archived from the original on 26 February 2015.
- The CLA-Class: Sleek as they come
- Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG and CLA 45 AMG
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 220 CDI Exterior and Interior in 3D Full HD
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class.|