Mercedes-Benz CLA 180 Urban (C117, Germany)
Chakan, India (2015)
|Designer||Mark Fetherston; Robert Lešnik (2010)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact executive car|
|Body style||4-door fastback coupe
|Layout||Transverse Front engine, front-wheel drive / all-wheel drive|
|Related||Mercedes-Benz A-Class (W176)
Mercedes-Benz B-Class (W246)
Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class (W218)
|Engine||1.5L diesel I4 Turbo
1.6L Gasoline I4 Turbo
2.0L Gasoline I4 Twin-scroll Turbo
2.1L Diesel I4 Turbo
|Wheelbase||2,699 mm (106.3 in)|
|Width||1,777 mm (70.0 in)|
|Height||1,437 mm (56.6 in)|
The Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class is a compact executive car developed and manufactured by Mercedes-Benz, based on the platform of the Mercedes-Benz W176 A-Class and W246 B-Class compact cars, formally launched at the January 2013 North American International Auto Show. The vehicle was previewed as the 2012 Concept Style Coupe at various international locations.
The CLA first went on sale in Europe in April 2013, and was subsequently introduced in the United States in September 2013. Its largest markets being those of Western Europe and the United States. Global cumulative CLA sales reached 100,000 during its first year, called as "our best launch in 20 years" by Mercedes-Benz. In 2015, Mercedes-Benz expanded the CLA family to include the Shooting Brake, a station wagon configuration.
- 1 Concept Style Coupé (2012)
- 2 Overview
- 3 2017 Model Year Update
- 4 Initial release
- 5 AMG models
- 6 Production
- 7 Marketing
- 8 Specifications
- 9 Safety
- 10 Recognition
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Concept Style Coupé (2012)
The concept was fitted with a four-cylinder turbocharged engine rated 211 PS (155 kW; 208 hp), front wheel drive system, dual-clutch automatic transmission, diamond-look grille from the 2011 Concept A-Class, Alubeam body colour, headlamps shining red at standby mode, indicators with individual points of light up in succession, 21-inch wheels with perforated pins on the spokes, frameless side windows, panoramic sunroof, metallic-red colouring taillights, instrument panel upholstered in white nubuck leather, anthracite-coloured Alcantara on the upper section of the instrument panel, suede on the sports steering wheel, chrome trim elements and control panels in black anodised finish, surfaces around the HMI control panel in glossy shimmer of black anodised aluminium, four integral bucket seats with four integrated head restraints from Sport version of the W176 A-Class, and air vents in the instrument panel from the 2011 Concept A-Class.
The vehicle, known by the model code of C117, was unveiled at the 2013 North American International Auto Show, followed by Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Berlin (15 to 18 January 2013), 2013 New York International Auto Show, and 2013 Osaka Motor Show (CLA 180).
A virtual 2014 car was displayed at the 2013 Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto. A similar virtual model was shown at the 2013 New York International Auto Show in March 2013. Viewers looked through a special display that appeared to project the car on a rotating platform.
The vehicles were scheduled to be on sale by September 2013. Early models include CLA 180, CLA 180 BlueEFFICIENCY Edition, CLA 200, CLA 250, and CLA 220 CDI. CLA 200 CDI can be ordered from 8 April 2013, with the first vehicles to be delivered to customers from September 2013. CLA 250 4MATIC, CLA 45 AMG, CLA 45 AMG Edition 1 were available to order from July 2013 and arrive at dealerships in September 2013.
Mercedes claimed that it would be the most aerodynamic production vehicle on sale with a Cd=0.23, beating the previous most-aerodynamic, the Tesla Model S (0.24). The CLA 180 CDI Blue Efficiency was claimed to be even more aerodynamic with a Cd=0.22. However, independent measurement by Car And Driver Magazine in May 2014 bore out Tesla's claim by exactly confirming a drag coefficient of Cd=0.24, while putting Mercedes' claim into question by measuring the CLA at Cd=0.30. The test done by Car And Driver was in turn criticized for being imprecise as to which model variant of the CLA was tested by Car And Driver and which variant was advertised featuring a Cd=0.23.
The CLA-Class is the most affordable Mercedes-Benz vehicle offered for sale in the United States, with a base MSRP of $29,900 (2014). This undercut the C-Class sedan, the vehicle it replaced as the entry-level sedan in Mercedes-Benz line-up of cars, which starts at $38,200 (2014); the CLA 250 was released in the U.S. on September 20, 2013.
The CLA-Class was the company's first model to feature the company's new design theme for the next generation of Mercedes-Benz. Higher vehicles in the rank like the W222 S-Class (2013), W205 C-Class (2014) and W213 E-Class (2016) have a design theme inspired from the CLA.
2017 Model Year Update
For 2017 the CLA will receive a new facelift with new restyled headlights and restyled taillights with available bold LED lighting.
CLA Edition 1 (2013–2014)
Available in CLA 180, CLA 200, CLA 250, CLA 220 CDI, they are versions of the respective CLA-class vehicles with choice of 5 body colours (mountain grey, cosmos black, night black, cirrus white or designo polar silver magno (expected to be available from the third quarter of 2013)), AMG front and rear aprons, AMG side sill panels, black painted multi-spoke AMG light-alloy wheels, diamond radiator grille with black fin and chrome inserts, bi-xenon headlamps, lowered sports suspension, exclusive NEON ART interior, sports seats upholstered in leather and black microfibre DINAMICA with yellow stitching, instrument panel and the beltlines upholstered in ARTICO man-made leather with yellow stitching, trim elements in aluminium with a light longitudinal grain, a 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel with a flattened bottom section and perforations in the grip area.
The vehicles went on sale for the twelve months after the launch of CLA-class vehicles.
CLA 180 BlueEFFICIENCY Edition (2013–)
It is a version of CLA 180 with reduced fuel consumption. Cd value was reduced to 0.22 via low A-pillar shoulder with adapted A-pillar geometry, aerodynamically optimised exterior mirror housings and rear shape, optimised diffuser, optimised underbody and rear axle panelling, radiator shutter, aero wheel trims and serrated wheel spoilers on the front and rear wheel arches.
The vehicle was set to go on sale in September 2013.
Mercedes-Benz Sport Equipment CLA 200 concept (2013)
It is a version of Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 demonstrating Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH equipment for CLA-Class vehicles. It included "Road & Track" decal kit (number '1' decal at front door and hood, decorative stripe in red/grey runs along the centre of the car), carbon fibre-style exterior mirror housings, front apron spoiler lip and rear spoiler; red-painted brake callipers, Styling Package Night (black window surrounds, black shoulderline trip strips), 18-inch two-tone 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels in matt black with red rim flange, Sport badge at front wings, illuminated door sill panels with Sport lettering, a leather sports steering wheel, sports pedals in brushed stainless steel, Sport floor mats Drive Kit Plus.
The vehicles were unveiled in 2013 Frankfurt International Motor Show.
Shooting Brake (2015–)
Mercedes-Benz unveiled a world premiere at the 2014 LA Auto Show of the CLA in a new estate or station wagon variant, which measure in at the same length as the standard CLA four-door coupe and also share the same 2,699mm wheelbase. The only visual changes starting from the B-pillar, which provides more headroom in the backseat area. It also provides more loadspace than the sedan, 470 litres to 495 litres, while folding the rear seats flat frees a usable 1354 litres.
Like the saloon, four trim levels are available: Sport, AMG Sport, Engineered by AMG, and AMG. Mercedes also released a special Orange Art edition with bright orange detailing inside and out. Engine options remains largely the same as the coupe, with two exceptions. The four-wheel drive 208 bhp 250 4MATIC model is only offered as an Engineered by AMG version, while a new 220 CDI 4MATIC will launch in September 2015 on the Shooting Brake and follow on the coupe.
Engines are minutely less efficient than the saloon, due to the slight kerb weight increase and the drag coefficient dropping from Cd=0.22 to Cd=0.26. However the CLA 200 CDI still returns 72.4mpg, with CO2 emissions of 101g/km.
Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 (2013–)
The Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 (previously Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG) is a current high-performance model of the CLA-Class from Mercedes-AMG. The car shares its drivetrain with the A45 AMG, and it will include an AMG 2.0-litre four-cylinder twin-scroll turbocharged petrol engine, 4MATIC all wheel drive, SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed transmission with paddle shifters, AMG sports suspension with independently developed front and rear axles, electromechanical AMG speed-sensitive sports steering, AMG high-performance braking system, three-stage ESP with "SPORT Handling" mode. Other features include AMG "twin-blade" radiator grille in matt titanium grey, AMG front fascia with front splitter in matt titanium grey, Large side cooling air intakes with black flics, Side sill panels with inserts in matt titanium grey, "TURBO AMG" lettering on front wing, AMG rear fascia with stylised side air outlet openings, Rear diffuser insert with trim in matt titanium grey, AMG sports exhaust system with two rectangular chrome-plated tailpipe trims featuring twin-tailpipe design, Bi-xenon headlamps, Tail lights with LED technology, Red seat belts, sports seats in ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA microfibre with red contrasting topstitching and red seat belts, the multifunction sports steering wheel with shift paddles, and the AMG DRIVE UNIT with E-SELECT lever, instrument panel trim in brushed aluminium and five galvanised ventilation outlets, central colour display incorporates the AMG main menu including RACETIMER.
For the 2016 year model, Mercedes-AMG has increased the horsepower of the CLA 45. It now has 375 hp @ 6,000 rpm which sprints the car from 0–60 in only 4.1 seconds compared to the previously 4.4 seconds on 355 hp. New features that were added include AMG DYNAMIC SELECT and an introduction to AMG DYNAMIC PLUS package which brings enhanced acceleration, suspension, and transmission.
CLA 45 AMG Edition 1 (2014)
Edition 1 model includes Night package, red accents on the radiator grille and exterior mirrors, and AMG sports stripes in matt graphite grey above the side sill panels; optional Intelligent Light System includes red accents on the headlamps, AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels in matt black with special AMG hub caps featuring a centre-locking look, red brake callipers, 8 x 19 alloy wheels with 235/35 R 19 tyres, spoiler lip in high-gloss black on the boot lid, choice of 2 standard (cirrus white, night black) and 4 optional (cosmos black metallic, mountain grey metallic, polar silver metallic, designo polar silver magno) body colours.
CLA 45 AMG Racing Series (2013)
The vehicles is a race car version of CLA 45 AMG for the CLA 45 AMG Racing Series, with carbon-fiber reinforced plastics doors. The vehicle was unveiled in 2013 Frankfurt International Motor Show.
As part of CLA-Class US product launch, a television commercial featuring Kate Upton was produced for, and premiered during the 4th quarter of Super Bowl XLVII. Additional commercials titled 'Dishes', 'Jukebox', 'Sundae' were premiered during Super Bowl XLVII. A TV commercial titled 'Soul', featuring a devil played by Willem Dafoe was also premiered during Super Bowl XLVII.
In a promotional campaign under the slogan "Untamed. The new CLA", a TV commercial titled 'Wolf' asks how it is possible to stand out from the crowd, when so many others are also striving for individuality – the answer is provided by the new CLA. The commercial was premiered until mid-March 2013 on all major German TV channels. The print materials show the 'style rebel' from a range of perspectives, which had appeared until mid-April 2013 in high-circulation news and business magazines, specialist motoring publications and special interest media under headings such as "Form: non-conformist" or "Untamed".
The #Untamed was launched in February 2013, a digital photo installation inspired by the new Mercedes-Benz CLA, for which Mercedes-Benz will be exploiting the power of the popular social media photo platform Instagram. Users could to go to www.untamed-installation.com and upload the most unusual images from their personal Instagram photo stream to the multivdevice-compatible CLA campaign website. On the homepage, participants can see how individual their photos are, and the extent to which they stand out from the images captured by other participants. In accordance with the central theme of "The natural enemy of the ordinary", participants are encouraged to break free from the constraints of convention and demonstrate their creativity. A poster of the personal pictures can then be downloaded, sent by email or shared with friends via Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Began in April 2013, these personal photos were digitally reworked and, together with the CLA, incorporated into an actual photo installation, to be presented to an international audience in Paris.
For MY2015 changes include: updated infotainment with bigger central screen and updated head unit with iPhone interface as standard, Collision Prevention Assist Plus autonomous braking made standard and an extra 5 kW for the CLA 220 CDI. Furthermore, MY2016 brings Carplay as an option to the CLA.
All CLA-Class models are powered by four-cylinder engines, including a choice of 1.6 L and 2.0 L gasoline, and 1.8 and 2.1 L diesels. Most of the engines come in a range of different states of tuning, and all include a stop-start facility.
|Model||Years||Type/code||Power@rpm||Torque@rpm||Emissions CO2 (g/km)||0-60 mph Acceleration (Conservative)|
|CLA 180||2013–||1,595 cc (97.3 cu in) I4 turbo (M 270 DE 16 AL red.)||122 PS (90 kW; 120 hp)@5000||200 N·m (148 lbf·ft)@1250–4000||126–130||9.3 sec|
|CLA 180 BlueEFFICIENCY Edition||2013–||1,595 cc (97.3 cu in) I4 turbo (M 270 DE 16 AL red.)||122 PS (90 kW; 120 hp)@5000||200 N·m (148 lbf·ft)@1250–4000||118||8.7 sec|
|CLA 200||2013–||1,595 cc (97.3 cu in) I4 turbo (M 270 DE 16 AL)||156 PS (115 kW; 154 hp)@5000||250 N·m (184 lbf·ft)@1250–4000||127–131||8.5 sec|
|CLA 250||2013–||1,991 cc (121.5 cu in) I4 turbo (M 270 DE 20 AL)||211 PS (155 kW; 208 hp)@5500||350 N·m (258 lbf·ft)@1200–4000||142–144||6.9 sec|
|CLA 250 4MATIC||2013–||1,991 cc (121.5 cu in) I4 turbo (M 270 DE 20 AL)||211 PS (155 kW; 208 hp)@5500||350 N·m (258 lbf·ft)@1200–4000||?||6.9 sec|
|CLA 45 AMG||2013–2015||1,991 cc (121.5 cu in) I4 twin-scroll turbo (M 133 DE 20 AL)||360 PS (265 kW; 355 hp)@6000||450 N·m (332 lbf·ft)@2250–5000||161–165||4.4 sec|
|AMG CLA 45 4MATIC||2016–||1,991 cc (121.5 cu in) I4 twin-scroll turbo (M 133 DE 20 AL)||380 PS (279 kW; 375 hp)@6000||475 N·m (350 lbf·ft)@2250–5000||171–162||4.1 sec|
|Model||Years||Type/code||Power@rpm||Torque@rpm||Emissions CO2 (g/km)|
|CLA 200 CDI||2013–2014||1,796 cc (109.6 cu in) I4 turbo (OM 651 DE 18 LA)||136 PS (100 kW; 134 hp)@3600–4000||300 N·m (221 lbf·ft)@1600–3000||?|
|CLA 200 CDI||2014–||2,143 cc (130.8 cu in) I4 turbo (OM 651 DE 22 LA)||136 PS (100 kW; 134 hp)@3200–4000||300 N·m (221 lbf·ft)@1400–3000||?|
|CLA 220 CDI||2013–2014||2,143 cc (130.8 cu in) I4 turbo (OM 651 DE 22 LA)||170 PS (125 kW; 168 hp)@3400–4000||350 N·m (258 lbf·ft)@1400–3400||109–117|
|CLA 220 CDI||2014–||2,143 cc (130.8 cu in) I4 turbo (OM 651 DE 22 LA)||177 PS (130 kW; 175 hp)@3400–4000||350 N·m (258 lbf·ft)@1400–3400||?|
|CLA 180||2013–||six-speed manual, seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
|CLA 180 BlueEFFICIENCY Edition||2013–||six-speed manual|
|CLA 200||2013–||six-speed manual, seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
|CLA 250||2013–||seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
|CLA 250 4MATIC||2013–||seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
|AMG CLA 45 4MATIC||2013–||seven-speed sports (AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT)|
|CLA 200 CDI||2013–||six-speed manual, seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
|CLA 220 CDI||2013–||seven-speed dual-clutch automatic (7G-DCT)|
The 7G-DCT transmission includes electric activation of the hydraulics for the parking lock, which is locked by mechanical means; three gearshift programs (ECONOMY, SPORT, MANUAL). 7G-DCT transmission option became available for CLA 180 in June 2013, followed by CLA 200 CDI in September 2013.
|Euro NCAP test results|
|Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 “Urban” (2013)|
The CLA-Class achieved the best possible rating of five stars for occupant safety, pedestrian protection and assistance systems in the demanding Euro NCAP assessment scheme. The CLA comes standard with a number of safety systems like Collision Prevention Assist, Attention Assist, Adaptive braking technology, Daytime Running Lamps and Rain-sensing windshield wipers. The CLA also received three "Euro NCAP Advanced" rewards for these safety innovations, including the radar-assisted second-generation Collision Prevention Assist, the Attention Assist drowsiness detection system and the anticipatory occupant protection system Pre-Safe (optional equipment). Mercedes-Benz upgraded the safety systems for the 2015 CLA with even more of the latest technology, this includes the Collision Prevention Assist Plus, which helps to reduce the risk of rear-end collisions, and also upgraded the Attention Assist and Traffic Sign Assist (with Speed Limit Assist) systems.
The CLA-Class has been a controversial vehicle among some of Mercedes-Benz biggest fans as it isn't much like the other cars by the German automaker. In contrast to most Mercedes models sold in the U.S., the CLA is small, based on a front-wheel drive platform, and powered exclusively by four-cylinder engines. Called as a new "gateway" into the Mercedes-Benz brand with sales "beyond our optimistic expectations" by Mercedes-Benz, Consumer Reports rate the CLA as "140% worse than the average car" in the 2014 Annual Auto Reliability Survey.
Despite the criticism, the CLA received praise worldwide from professional reviewers. The price, which starts from $30,000, has been the highlight for many reviewers. The front-wheel drive has been praised for giving the CLA a better fuel economy, which gives especially the CLA 250 a 26 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the road. The performance has also been praised, with 208 hp, the CLA 250 sprints to 60 mph in 6.9 seconds. The coupe-like handling has been praised, which has been described as "quick and direct". The interior has been praised for making the CLA a more "youthful choice". Though the CLA is an entry level car, professional reviewers agree that it still looks and feels like a proper Mercedes.
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Spy Photos News – Car & Driver (Retrieved 2012-09-23)
- "Sales milestone for Mercedes-Benz: More than 100,000 CLA worldwide now in customer hands". daimler.com. 28 August 2014.
- Brandon Turkus. "Mercedes calls CLA 'best launch in 20 years' as it warns dealers of tight supplies". Autoblog.
- "Wraps come off new Mercedes CLA Shooting Brake". Auto Express.
- Michael Harley. "Mercedes-Benz Concept Style Coupe shows up at Transmission LA: AV Club". Autoblog.
- "Official world premiere at Auto China in Beijing: Mercedes Concept Style Coupé: the style rebel". daimler.com. 23 April 2012.
- "Mercedes-Benz Concept Style Coupe makes Debut in Taiwan – THE AVANT/GARDE DIARIES TAIPEI: A-MIT and Young Artists Dialogue with Asia and the World". daimler.com. 23 October 2012.
- Kable, Greg (February 4, 2013). "Fresh Signature". Autoweek. 63 (3): 4–5.
- "Mercedes-Benz at NAIAS – World premiere of the new E-Class: Barrage of New Products for 2013 in Detroit". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class establishes new segment: Sleek as they come". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "Mercedes-Benz at the 2013 NYIAS – reinforcement for the product offensive: Five new models for the record-breaking U.S. market". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- 第8 回 大阪モーターショー メルセデス・ベンツ/AMG/スマート 出展概要について
- "Stunning Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Set for NY Debut". PR Web. Retrieved March 9, 2013.
- "The Mercedes-Benz CLA makes its virtual Canadian debut through an innovative augmented reality Auto Show display". Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. Retrieved March 9, 2013.
- Bruno R. "AutoMonthly, we got all the news of the auto industry, including trucks, bikes and buses: Mercedes presents the CLA in just four weeks. Engines revealed!". automonthly.blogspot.pt.
- "The diesel engines: From the S-Class to the CLA-Class". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "Six new models join the A, B and CLA-Class: New engines and more traction". daimler.com. 6 October 2014.
- "Mercedes-Benz CLA officially revealed". Evo. 14 January 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Untamed. The new CLA.". mercedes-benz.com.
- "Aero Comparo! Tesla Model S vs Volt, Prius, Leaf, Mercedes CLA". YouTube. 6 June 2014.
- "Mercedes-Benz CLA Drag Coefficient Allegedly Bested by Tesla Model S". autoevolution.com. 2 February 2017.
- "2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class MSRP". NadaGuides.com.
- "CLA the new Mercedes-Benz baby sedan". Drive.
- Richard Hammond. "Mercedes CLA's £25,000 price tag aimed at younger drivers looking for luxury". mirror.
- "2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class MSRP". NadaGuides.com.
- "Mercedes Benz CLA Edition 1: Exclusivity from the very beginning". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "CLA 180 BlueEFFICIENCY Edition with emissions of only 118 g CO2 per kilometre: CLA-Class receives its Environmental Certificate". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- Chris Paukert. "Mercedes-Benz CLA gets personal". Autoblog.
- "On track of CLS and Co.: 2013: premiere for CLA and CLA 45 AMG". daimler.com. 13 December 2012.
- "Mercedes-Benz at the 83rd Geneva Motor Show 2013: Efficient performance in all classes". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Confirmed For New York Auto Show Debut". The Motor Report. 6 February 2013. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "A 45 AMG and CLA 45 AMG: Top marks in all disciplines: Exciting introduction to the world of AMG". daimler.com. 14 June 2013.
- "2016 AMG CLA45 4-Door Coupe". mbusa.com. 16 November 2015.
- "More power! 2016 Mercedes-AMG CLA45, GLA45 goosed to 375 hp". autoweek.com. 14 July 2015.
- "Increased output, enhanced driving dynamics, greater individuality: New Mercedes-AMG compact models now available to order". daimler.com. 14 July 2015.
- "Design and equipment: Dynamic spirit and boundless individuality". daimler.com. 12 June 2013.
- Brandon Turkus. "Mercedes CLA45 AMG Racing is ready for a spot on the grid". Autoblog.
- Jeffrey N. Ross. "Mercedes-Benz expanding Hungarian plant to support B-Class, CLA production". Autoblog.
- "First Mercedes-Benz CLA Rolls off the Production Line". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "Production: A new car from a new factory". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- Zach Bowman. "Mercedes-Benz to go back to Super Bowl with CLA and model Kate Upton". Autoblog.
- "Kate Upton on Prepping for Her Mercedes-Benz Super Bowl Ad: "I Eat What I Want! Just Kidding"". Vanity Fair.
- geoclicks. "Mercedes Benz Teases Super Bowl 2013 Commercial". Super Bowl Commercials.
- geoclicks. "Scooped – Mercedes Benz 2013 Commercial featuring Willem Dafoe, Kate Upton and Usher". Super Bowl Commercials.
- geoclicks. "Mercedes 2013 Super Bowl Commercial: Soul". Super Bowl Commercials.
- ""Untamed. The new CLA": Mercedes-Benz launches extensive promotional campaign around the CLA". daimler.com.
- "Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. presents Driveclub for the newly announced Playstation 4: Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG and A 45 AMG in new Driveclub™ racing game". daimler.com. 20 December 2013.
- "New features for model year 2015: The CLA is now even more attractive". daimler.com. 26 November 2014.
- "CarPlay Available Models". apple.com.
- "Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class establishes new segment: Sleek as they come" (Press release). Daimler AG. 14 January 2013. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "The diesel engines: From the S-Class to the CLA-Class" (Press release). Daimler AG. 6 March 2013. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "The transmissions: Shifting comfort combined with efficiency". daimler.com. 27 November 2014.
- "Euro NCAP results for Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 “Urban”" (PDF). euroncap.com. 2013.
- "Aerodynamic 2015 Mercedes CLA-Class is still top of its class for safety". torquenews.com.
- "Mercedes CLA Declared a Sales Success". Insider Car News.
- Stephen Edelstein. "2014 Mercedes CLA: Smallest Benz Sees Sky-High Demand". Green Car Reports.
- Diana T. Kurylko. "Mercedes aims for 30,000 CLA sales". Automotive News.
- Viknesh Vijayenthiran. "CLA-Class Sales Come In At Double Mercedes-Benz’s Expectation". Motor Authority.
- "Consumer Reports: Mercedes Benz CLA Worst Car In Lineup". Business Insider. 28 October 2014.
- "2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class: 5 Reasons to Buy – AutoTrader". YouTube. 8 April 2014.
- "AutoGuide.com 2014 Car of the Year Finalist No. 5 – Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class". AutoGuide.com News. 6 December 2013.
- "Ten Reasons Mercedes’s CLA Is Potent Weapon Against BMW: Review". Bloomberg.com.
- The CLA-Class: Sleek as they come
- Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG and CLA 45 AMG
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 220 CDI Exterior and Interior in 3D Full HD
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class.|