Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (Enterprise Edition) is a Microsoft enterprise resource planning (ERP) system for medium to large organisations. The software, part of the Dynamics 365 product line, was first on general release in November 2016, initially branded as Dynamics 365 for Operations. In July, 2017, it was rebranded to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. At the same time, Microsoft rebranded their business software suite for small businesses (Business Edition, Financials) to Finance and Operations, Business Edition, however, the two applications are based on completely different platforms.
- 2018 - Rebranded to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- 2017 - Rebranded to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise Edition  (not to be mistaken with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Business Edition, which is based on former Microsoft Dynamics NAV).
- 2016 - Released Microsoft Dynamics AX 7. Later rebranded to Dynamics 365 for Operations.
- 2011 - Released Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- 2008 - Released Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
- 2006 - Released Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0.
- 2002 - Microsoft acquires Navision A/S. Released Axapta 3.0.
- 2000 - Damgaard Data merged with Navision Software A/S to form NavisionDamgaard, later named Navision A/S. Released Axapta 2.5.
- 1998 - Axapta, a collaboration between IBM and Danish Damgaard Data, released in the Danish and U.S. markets.
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is available as part of the Unified Operations Plan, which also includes Dynamics 365 for Talent, Dynamics 365 for Retail, and Microsoft PowerApps.
There are three options for deployment:
Cloud - fully managed by Microsoft cloud service.
Cloud + Edge - a central cloud node with local application services and business data that is stored locally.
Local Business Data - business processes and data storage are on-premises.
- "All change for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations – New names and apps". ax-dynamics.com. Retrieved 2017-05-19.
- "Microsoft to introduce Dynamics 365 enterprise plan for 'Unified Operations' including Retail, Talent". msdynamicsworld.com. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- "Microsoft Acquires Navision (2002)".