|Initial release||June 20, 2016|
Microsoft Forms (formerly Office Forms) is an online survey creator, part of Office 365. Released by Microsoft in June 2016, Forms allows users to create surveys and quizzes with automatic marking. The data can be exported to Microsoft Excel.
Phishing & Fraud
Due to a wave of phishing attacks utilizing Microsoft 365 in early 2021, Microsoft uses algorithms to automatically detect and block phishing attempts with Microsoft Forms. Also, Microsoft advises Forms users not to submit personal information, such as passwords, in a form or survey, and also place a similar advisory underneath the “Submit” button in every form created with Forms, warning users not to give out their password.
- "Microsoft Forms—a new formative assessment and survey tool in Office 365 Education". Office Blogs. Microsoft. 20 June 2016. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "Microsoft announces the availability of Microsoft Forms for Office 365 Education - MSPoweruser". MSPoweruser. 20 June 2016. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "Microsoft Forms Preview Available for Office 365 Business Users -- Redmondmag.com". Redmondmag. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- Foley, Mary Jo. "Microsoft is readying a 'Pro' version of its Forms survey product". ZDNet. Retrieved 2019-05-06.
- "Warning! Nasty new Office 365 phishing attack doing the rounds". Windows Report. Retrieved 2021-03-28.
- "Microsoft Forms now detects and blocks phishing attacks automatically". Windows Report. Retrieved 2021-03-28.
- "Microsoft Forms and proactive phishing prevention". Microsoft. Retrieved 2021-03-28.