Microsoft Office Accounting
2009 / 17 February 2009
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
Microsoft Office Accounting (formerly Small Business Accounting) is a discontinued accounting software application from Microsoft targeted towards small businesses that had between 1 and 25 employees.
The last version, Microsoft Office Accounting 2009, was available in both Express and Professional editions. It included several new features, including tax preparation add-ins, 20 new reports and a Spanish language pack.
On 16 November 2009, Microsoft discontinued its distribution of the Microsoft Office Accounting product line in the US and UK. Licensees are to receive mainstream and extended product support from Microsoft or one of its partners through January 2022.[needs update]
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Microsoft Office Accounting Express was the freeware version of Accounting, made available for download and also being distributed in certain editions of Microsoft Office 2007, including Professional, Small Business and Ultimate editions. This free version did not support local requirements outside of UK and USA.
Microsoft Office Accounting has its roots in the a 2006 release called Microsoft Small Business Accounting. A new iteration was released in 2007 with the same name. In 2008, however, the name was changed to Microsoft Office Accounting and it retained that name in 2009, which was its last iteration.
|Name||Service pack||Version||Date published||Note|
|Accounting 2009||Service Pack 1||4.0.2325.0||20 February 2009||Support started on 24 February 2009|
|Accounting 2009||Service Pack 2||4.0.3318.0||27 October 2009|
|Accounting 2009||Service Pack 3||4.0.3610.0||19 February 2010|
- Feature comparison of financial accounting software from Microsoft Archived 2007-10-14 at the Wayback Machine
- What's new in Microsoft Office Accounting 2009
- "Accounting Professional Home Page". Microsoft Office Online. Microsoft Corporation. Archived from the original on 26 April 2010. Retrieved 15 May 2010.
Distribution of Microsoft Office Accounting was discontinued effective November 16, 2009. We would like to thank the many dedicated users and partners who have been enthusiastic supporters of Office Accounting over the years. Customers who purchased a product license for Office Accounting before November 16, 2009 may continue to use Office Accounting. Product support for Office Accounting will continue in accordance with the published Microsoft product support life cycle.
- "Microsoft Office Accounting 2009 Service Pack 1 (KB959057)". Download Center. Microsoft. 20 February 2009. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- "Microsoft Accounting 2009 Life-cycle Information". Support Center. Microsoft. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- "Microsoft Office Accounting 2009 Service Pack 2 (KB971975)". Download Center. Microsoft. 27 October 2009. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- "Microsoft Office Accounting 2009 Service Pack 3 (KB2006634)". Download Center. Microsoft. 19 February 2010. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- Bsales, Jamie (10 May 2006). "Does Microsoft's Small Business Accounting Add up?". IT Business Edge. QuinStreet. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
- Simonds, Lauren (8 December 2005). "Microsoft Connects POS and Accounting". IT Business Edge. QuinStreet. Retrieved 12 December 2012.
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This business software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|