|Secretary of the Commission for the Study of the Communist Dictatorship in Moldova|
January 14, 2010
|Alma mater||Moldova State University|
Mihai Taşcă is a historian and jurist from the Republic of Moldova.
Mihai Taşcă is doctor of law, senior researcher, Institute of History, State and Law of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova. Mihai Taşcă is the secretary of the Commission for the Study of the Communist Dictatorship in Moldova.
In 2006-2008, Taşcă won two cases concerning the denial of access to information opened against the Information and Security Service of the Republic of Moldova, which denied access to its archive.
On March 18, 2008 Mihai Taşcă submitted an application to the Ministry of Justice, seeking access to the files of the political parties; he intended to carry out a study about the election campaigns. On April 15, the Ministry rejected the application. After the second refusal, the researcher sued the Ministry to the Court of Appeal on June 17. On September 30, 2008, the court ordered that the Ministry of Justice offers Taşcă the files he asked for.
In 2001, he founded Revista de drept privat; now he is the editor in chief of this scientific magazine. He is also writing for daily Adevarul-Moldova, in a rubric called The Archives of Communism (once in 2 weeks, the other 2 materials per month being authored by historian Igor Caşu).
- Mihail Taşcă, Sfatul Ţării şi actualele autorităţi locale, "Timpul de dimineaţă", no. 114 (849), June 27, 2008 (page 16)
- Ministry of Justice loses case on denial of access to information
- Mihai Taşcă câştigă pentru a doua oară un proces împotriva SIS
- Curtea Supremă de Justuţie: Accesul la dosarele Securităţii nu poate fi îngrădit
- Mihai Taşcă, doctor în drept, cercetător ştiinţific superior, Institutul de Istorie, Stat şi Drept al AŞM
- (Romanian) Preşedintele interimar al Republicii Moldova Mihai Ghimpu a emis un decret prezidenţial privind constituirea Comisiei pentru studierea şi aprecierea regimului comunist totalitar din Republica Moldova.
- Moldovan authorities going to condemn communist regime…
- Hundreds of thousands of cases to be examined by commission for combating Communism
- http://www.privesc.eu/?p=1884 - The first press conference of the Commission, Moldpress, January 18, 2010. Video.
- http://www.timpul.md/article/2010/01/18/5881 - interview with Gheorghe Cojocaru, president of the Commission.
- (Romanian) Vladimir Tismăneanu, Un moment istoric: Comisia de studiere a comunismului
- Site-ul Parlamentului Republicii Moldova
- 165/14.01.2010 Decret privind constituirea Comisiei pentru studierea si aprecierea regimului comunist totalitar din Republica Moldova, Monitorul Oficial 5-7/3, 19.01.2010