|Member of the Moldovan Parliament|
28 August 2009 – 16 July 2010
24 March 2005 – 5 May 2009
13 July 1969 |
Hădărăuţi, Ocniţa District
|Political party||Democratic Party of Moldova
Alliance for European Integration (2009–2010)
He studied law and history at the "Ion Creangă" State University in Chişinău and international relations at the European Institute of High International Studies in Nice, France. Serebrian entered the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Moldova in 1992. In 1998 he was awarded his doctorate in political sciences. In 1998-1999 he served as spokesperson of Moldova's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Between 1999 and 2003, he was Deputy Rector of the Free University of Moldova.
Between May 2001 and February 2008 Serebrian was Chairman of the Social Liberal Party. On February 10, 2008, after merging of Social Liberal Party with Democratic Party of Moldova (DPM) he was elected First Deputy Chairman of DPM. Between March 2005 and July 2010 he was Member of the Parliament of Moldova (reelected for a second term in 2009).
He is the author of several books on international affairs and geopolitics.
- Geopolitica spaţiului pontic (Geopolitics of the Black Sea Region, 1998)
- Politosfera (Politosphere, 2001)
- Politică şi geopolitică (Politics and Geopolitics, 2004)
- Dicţionar de geopolitică (Dictionary of Geopolitics, 2006)
- Despre geopolitică (About Geopolitics, 2009)
- Cântecul mării (Song of the Sea, 2011), novel
- Rusia la răspântie (Russia at the crossroads, 2014)
- Latin Union Official site (Catalan) (Spanish) (French) (Italian) (Portuguese) (Romanian)
|This article about a Moldovan politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|