Morristown (NJT station)
The station building in 2012.
|Location||122 Morris St.
Morristown, NJ 07960
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||NJT Bus: 871, 872, 873, 874, 875, 880
Community Coach: 77
|Opened||November 3, 1913|
|Passengers (2012)||1,935 (average weekday)|
Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad Station (a.k.a. Morristown Railroad Station)
|Location||Morristown, New Jersey, USA|
|NRHP Reference #||80002514|
|Added to NRHP||1980|
Morristown is a New Jersey Transit rail station on the Morristown Line, located in Morristown, Morris County, New Jersey, United States. It serves an average of 1,800 passengers on a typical weekday. Construction of the historic station began in 1912 and the facility opened November 3, 1913. A station agent and waiting room are available seven days a week. The station's interior was featured in Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" video (1984). Just west of the station, at Baker Interlocking the Morristown & Erie Railway branches off the NJT line. The M&E's offices and shop are here.
Morristown received ADA mini-high level platforms in 2005 to make the station handicapped accessible. The eastbound ramp is near Morris Street and the westbound ramp is just west of the old freight house. Morristown station has 455 parking spaces spread across three different lots near the station.
|This section requires expansion. (June 2008)|
Ultimately the line extended to the east to the Hudson River connecting to New York by Ferry.
The line was previously used by a series of Lackawanna and Erie Lackawanna railway companies from the 1930s until the 1960. The 1913-built Delaware, Lackawanna and Western station house was designed by Frank J. Nies and has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1980.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- Cyndi Lauper (1984). Time After Time (music video). BMG Music. Event occurs at 3:40. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Erie Lackawanna Historical Society
- Morris County Listings of the National Register of Historic Places
- Media related to Morristown (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
- NJT rail station information page for Morristown
- DepartureVision real time train information for Morristown
- Morris and Essex Line schedule (Morristown Line & Gladstone Branch)
- Morris Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Station House from Google Maps Street View
- Lafayette Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View